Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Historicon Warrior Tournaments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwyight
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Historicon Warrior Tournaments

1) Am I correct that Historicon will consist of a 1,600 and a 1,200 point open tournament, as well as a 2,000 point team tournament?

2) Are these tourneys open to non-NASMW persons?

3) Is there a restriction on which lists can be played?
scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Historicon will consist of the NICT (pre-qualification only) played as it's been played the last two years (preliminary 2 rounds on Thu, cut, players making the cut play 3 rounds on Saturday).

With that out of the way, Hcon schedule is:

Thu: 1200 pt Mini (15mm only).
Fri: 1600 pt Theme, 15/25mm (High Medieval, list of armies and restrictions (if any) found at www.nasamw.org)
Sat: 1600 pt Open, 15/25mm

What do you mean by "restrictions on which lists can be played"?

scott

Dwyight
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Scott,

Thank you for answering my question. Your comment about theme tournament answers my question about restricted lists.
scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

I should probably add, although by this point in time it probably should be beaten into everybody's brain, that the only lists allowed are those published by FHE. Any other lists.......what lists?

Just being thorough in case some old newbies have slipped thru the cracks the last couple of years.

scott

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: NICT

Scott,

Never having done this before, what time will the two NICT prelim rounds on Thursday likely be? Also, what is the protocol for submitting lists for checking in advance? Should I e-mail my list to you in advance, turn it in Thursday, or what do you prefer? Thanks.

-Greek
scott holder

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject:

The prelim NICT rounds are at noon and 7pm on Thu.

As for lists, I haven't even sent out invite letters yet. Won't do that until June. Instructions will be contained in said invite letter. But yeah, you submit the list to me via email. I then [presumably] check the list for accuracy and we all know how perfect I am at that. This year, Ambrose has agreed to help me check lists but the procedure will be to send em to me, then I'll dole out the ones to Ambrose. But you don't really care about that.

If you make the cut, then it's 3 rounds on Saturday. Even if you don't make the cut, there's 3 rounds of Open on Saturday.

scott

vcina
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject:

Will it be possible to play a game that is not part of a Tournament? I will be attending H-Con for the first time this year and would love to play a game for fun. I don't want to mess up a good tourny with my inept play.
Peter Celella
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject:

"Will it be possible to play a game that is not part of a Tournament? I will be attending H-Con for the first time this year and would love to play a game for fun. I don't want to mess up a good tourny with my inept play."

You can play in either the 15mm or 25mm open on Saturday. I did this last year for what was my first time ever playing in any miniatures tournament. I still consider myself a Warrior newbie, and at that time I was totally rank. Everyone was patient and fun to game with. The open is definitely more relaxed than the NICT. I will be playing this year and if I was matched against a newbie I would be more than happy to show him the ropes (in fact, it would feel very unusual to stand on the other side of the fence) Wink
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject:

Vcina -

- you *really* shouldn't worry. Those of us who've been doing this far too long are more than glad to see a fresh victim - err, new recruit Smile. Seriously, just enter and then ignore the tournament aspect completely, enjoy the games; you'll almost certainly learn a lot (as much as you want to - there are few if any players who would not happily teach if requested, or not if not). And we're easy to spot - Scott is the whip-lean slightly cleaned-up hippy behind the Warrior check-in desk Laughing and he can direct/introduce you around.

Greek, you're in the NICT? I'll pack my formal kilt Wink. It would be neat to play, even if hoplites are not exactly my favourite opponent.
Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Ewan McNay wrote:

Greek, you're in the NICT? I'll pack my formal kilt Wink. It would be neat to play, even if hoplites are not exactly my favourite opponent.

I have been informed that I will be there, although it has taken me something like 10 years or so to roll up enough in the Open to make it. That's about my only chance, since H'con is the only tournament I play in each year. However, I won't say for sure untilk erceiving the actual invitation. I was planning on bringing the crimson regalia either way...just in case, and I thought it would be useful in keeping me warm in the Lampeter Room. However, since you won't be playing Achaemenids, I am painting a 25mm Hellenistic army instead! i do believe it will be difficult to go back to 15mm now. I am beginning to understand the fascination with 25mm, although the cost is a bit sobering.

scott holder

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

What Ewan said. Trust me, you won't screw up a tourney with "inept" play. And to be honest, the best way to learn this game is to play it a lot and a tourney is a great environment for that.

Most players will gladly offer to help as you go along. Sure you might lose but you'll learn loads along the way.

scott

vcina
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject:

Hell I don't care about winning or losing. I usually lose anyway. Very Happy I will definately search out the tourny when I'm there and enter myself and get slaughtered. For those of you that are lucky enough to draw me as an opponent you've got one win already in the box score. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: