Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wait Orders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Wait Orders

I'm looking for some clarification on the handling of Wait Orders. The stipulation is that a command switches from Wait to Attack when its general sees a "visible signal". A typical case is the CinC, with an army standard, waves the standard for all to see. This action is announced to one's opponent, and both players understand its significance.

However, Jon has said on several occaisions that a "signal" can be any number of things, such as:
    - Enemy crossing the center line;
    - A designated unit moving off of a terrain feature;
    - A general making an approach move.

I have always made it a practice to announce the occurence of whatever event constitutes the signal, as in saying to my opponent "You've crossed the center line and that is a visible event to my generals."

But it isn't clear to me that I'm required to do this. A separate event like waving a banner obviously requires announcement, but other events that are organic to the course of action may not.

So I guess the question is: When do you have to announce a visible signal?

I think my preference would be: always. But we don't necessarily get our preferences.

-Mark Stone
joncleaves

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Mark

In the revised rules, the signals section has been cleaned up.

Also, what can be kept secret is also clarified and signals are not on the list.

Book's at the printers...

Jon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: