Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

16.0 Clarification Expendables on Expendable incendiaries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: 16.0 Clarification Expendables on Expendable incendiaries

Okay Jon,

I've had too much time to think about this game as I've been painting til my eyeballs fall out. What happens ("God Forbid!") when Scythed Chariots/expendable Elephants/Wardogs charge a unit that lights their little friends (Piggies/Ox carts/camel carts) and they clash? How does this go down? Do the chariots/Wardogs/Expendable Elly's stop because the incendiary guys are an impetuous mounted charge? Do the chariots & friends who are mounted and should survive the fight take a waiver test for being mounted and being contacted by expendables? How is this gonna work?!? Additionally, when these incendiaries are launched into elephants/units containing camels, wouldn't they become disordered and potentially do less incendiary damage? I realize this is a lot to digest but it could potentially come up at Historicon and knowing how to adjudicate this would be great. Thanks,

Kelly Wilkinson Rolling Eyes
Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: More specific rules questions

I am not answering a rules question for Jon, but I will ask if my undestanding is correct based on what I recall is in the past message database because I have asked most of these questions and Jon has answered them before. Also, I take Kelly's "how does this work" as an invitation to be more specific about the actual rules mechanics and to ask the questions seriatum: A charge is declared as you suggest on "pig carrying units." The target lights swine in a countercharge as a legal response to the charge. Questions: 1. If the target is LMI/LI/LHI charged by mounted in the open, it must test waver, right? 2. Regardless of the result, the swine charge and are unaffected by a shaken result sustained by the target unit (they "remain off table [out of play] until ignited.") See 16.27. Right? 3. The original chargers and the swine will meet as any other mutual charging bodies would, and the swine are considered an IRR A mounted charge, Right? 4. They can be support shot (at TR factors into contact-16.25) to reduce the amount of "naptha bomb" casualties they will do, Right? 5. Since the swine will always disappear at the end of the combat (16.27, 4th paragraph) the original chargers will rally as troops all of whose opponents have been destroyed (assuming they have no other opponents). Right? 6. If the chargers are "mounted" they will indeed have to test waver for being contacted by expendables "whether caused by the movement of either or both bodies." (5.52). Right?

Do I have all this correct, Jon?????

Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Follw-up

Addenda: 1. there is no provision for pigs being disordered by camels or elephants. Rather, it is units including non-Arab horses that suffer such a fate from camels, and non-Indian horses (or asses, onagers, mules, camels, or oxen in the case of elephants), Right? See 5. 21, fourth bullet point. 2. On the otehr hand, if you shoot them up enough coming in, the pigs might be therbey disordered, I believe. Right?

Obviously my questions are focused on incindiary swine (flamin' bacon), as that is my area of concern.

joncleaves

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject:

<< Do the chariots/Wardogs/Expendable Elly's stop because the incendiary guys are an impetuous mounted charge?>>

No. None of those are nonimpetuous foot…

<< Do the chariots & friends who are mounted and should survive the fight take a waiver test for being mounted and being contacted by expendables?>>

Yes.

<<Additionally, when these incendiaries are launched into elephants/units containing camels, wouldn't they become disordered and potentially do less incendiary damage?>>

Depends if the incendiaries are a type that elephants/camels affect.

<<Questions: 1. If the target is LMI/LI/LHI charged by mounted in the open, it must test waver, right? >>

If not charging themselves.

<<2. Regardless of the result, the swine charge and are unaffected by a shaken result sustained by the target unit (they "remain off table [out of play] until ignited.") See 16.27. Right?>>

Right

<< 3. The original chargers and the swine will meet as any other mutual charging bodies would, and the swine are considered an IRR A mounted charge, Right?>>

No. Incendiary expendables have no morale class and need none.

<< 4. They can be support shot (at TR factors into contact-16.25) to reduce the amount of "naptha bomb" casualties they will do, Right?>>

Yep.

<< 5. Since the swine will always disappear at the end of the combat (16.27, 4th paragraph) the original chargers will rally as troops all of whose opponents have been destroyed (assuming they have no other opponents). Right?>>

Yep.

<< 6. If the chargers are "mounted" they will indeed have to test waver for being contacted by expendables "whether caused by the movement of either or both bodies." (5.52). Right? >>

Yep.

I hate expendables. I am now invoking a one per day limit on expendable questions….

Jon

Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Troop type: expendable question.

This body can be composed of 1-6 elements, with numbering of each element optional. It causes unease in any rules author within 480p. Any forum moderator receiving 1 cpf in hth from such a body becomes disordered and must take a morale check. It moves as if LI. If not routed within two bounds of appearing on the battlefield, a second identical unit apppears anywhere within 240p of the first.

...and so on...
Mike Turner
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Ewan,
You might find the "cost" of the unit to be rather prohibitive.

Mike
joncleaves

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Good thing I am regular A with a permament +1 to all wavers....

I do have a nice neat solution, though. No expendables in warrior Battles...lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: