Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lancaster Wednesday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Lancaster Wednesday

Is anyone else (a) going to be arriving in Lancaster on Wednesday evening, and (b) interested in one last practice game? What with the new baby and back surgery, I've managed a grand total of about 6 games of Warrior since Thanksgiving. Getting in one more before Thursday would be great.

-Mark Stone
scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Mark: I'll be there and shouldn't have too much setting up to do. Like you, I'm looking for a pickup game in 25mm. Alas, I won't be of much help to you being very rusty and playing Burgundian Ordonnance, not exactly the type of army you're likely to meet on Thursday. Smile

I don't think I'm giving up much by saying there won't be a Burgundian Ordonnance army in the NICT!

But, if you want to give it a go, I'm game. Or if others show up, we can see who wants to play whom and have a leisurely evening learning the game. Embarassed

scott

Mark Stone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject:

scott holder wrote:
Mark: I'll be there and shouldn't have too much setting up to do. Like you, I'm looking for a pickup game in 25mm. Alas, I won't be of much help to you being very rusty and playing Burgundian Ordonnance, not exactly the type of army you're likely to meet on Thursday. Smile

I don't think I'm giving up much by saying there won't be a Burgundian Ordonnance army in the NICT!

Scott, that would great if we could do a game on Wednesday. I don't think we've ever actually played each other, so that's an added bonus. While there may not be Burgundians per se in the NICT, I expect there will be a fair number of knight armies, given this year's theme. And heck, to my Chinese you all look the same anyway.

Alex and I will probably get to Lancaster around 7:30 PM; I'll track you down then.

-Mark
Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Lancaster Wednesday

Mark Stone wrote:
I've managed a grand total of about 6 games of Warrior since Thanksgiving. Getting in one more before Thursday would be great.

That would be 3 more than me! I'm afraid things may be a bit hairy upon arrival Wedenesday evening, but in case we make it in at a decent hour with troops intact, will there be tables available in the tournament room for pickup Wednesday night?? Is that where you guys will likely be?

Or..... I will not be playing the theme on friday. Ewan, if you're out there in the ether, should we try to schedule the Harvard/Yale (and Greek/Persian) grudge match friday? Or will you be around wednesday night, perhaps, to drub me???

-Greek

scott holder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject:

There will be all of Lampeter to use on Wed night.
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Greetings, you namby-pamby crimson-wearing type Smile.

[[I really should have gotten Mike to paint one of the Sassanid generals with a 'Y' shield. Oh well. I do now have their CinC to hand! Smile ]]

I will not be around on Weds, *but* I will (or at least could) be around very early on Thursday morning, and would very much like a practice game - against Greeks would be just great. Does that work for you?

I was planning to play in the Theme on Friday, but I will be staying at the Host (thanks, Bill!) so we could always play the 'grudge' match after hours Smile.

Let me know about Thursday morning; if not, I'll try to schedule another opponent (Mark?)

No Burgundians in the NICT? Too bad Smile. As for practice - well, I made it to one BillCon, but I think that's it since last year's Historicon. That's the downside of the Thurs-Sat NICT: I don't get to use the Theme as a run-in practice event!
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Legions

Beware all of you, especially you Eastern rable, as the Legions of the Republic are marching east . . . "Sic Semper Tyrannis!"

Kelly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: