Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions from Phil G.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joncleaves

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Questions from Phil G.

<<1) When a general moves into contact to rally routers. If physically possible, if the routers are adjacent to each other, can a general be in contact with more than one router in a single bound? (I say yes)>>

You mean recovering broken troops, 5.233. Yes.

<<2) A routing unit was adjacent to a close order foot unit, and then routs 2 bounds, and is now more than 240 from nearest enemy. The close order foot unit is still in good order, but more than 80 p away. Does the router rally. I say yes. And this is clearly in the books. But several people, whose opinion I normally trust, state that Jon has ruled no, the router must have passed within 80 p this bound and be 240 away. >>

You mean recover, not rally.
The answer is no, and yes, I have ruled that way. This is because of 5.233 saying:

“A broken body must be entirely outside of 240p from any
known enemy at the time one of the listed conditions exist
in order to recover from broken. For example, if a broken
body passes within 80p of friendly steady close formation
foot, but is still within 240p of enemy, it continues to rout.
If the rout move takes it outside of 80p of the close order
friend before it gets outside of 240p of the enemy, it does
NOT recover.”

<<3) A LC has a flank charge on Unit A. Unit B has a frontal charge on Unit A. Unit A has a declared charged, with a wheel that places both Unit B and the LC in its charge path. I know that Unit A and B will collide frontally, but what does the LC do?
a. Wheel and charge Flank of unit A.
b. Evade. >>

a. 6.161, 6.163K

<<4) Do people rag you about the pairings and state you are doing it wrong?
5) What do you do with dropouts? In my last round of 15mm, the pairings were so lopsided, that 4 out of players wanted to surrender.>>

I would not invite a player back to an event who drops out of one because of his score (as opposed to an emergency or whatever). If two low-scoring players are matched and jointly ask to spend that time with another game or in the dealer area, that’s cool. But simply dropping out screws other players out of a game and shouldn’t be tolerated. Every system I play in discourages or prevents previous drop-outs from participating in the next event.

<<6) Is an element that is in contact with an enemy, only at the corner, considered in base to base contact, and can it be shot at by a third unit in a subsequent hand to hand round?>>

No and no.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: