Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rules Question and Query on proposed Barbarian Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Grimmett
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Rules Question and Query on proposed Barbarian Rules

Question:

Do Viking Hirdsmen and Beserker units armed with 2HCW count 1/3 of 3rd and 4th rank if charging, countercharging, pursuing, or following -up?
I assume they do.

Query:

How is this affecting all you Hello-philes out there? Thinking of taking your Hoplites as irregular?

The DC group is using the barbarian rules for the next tournament starting in Jan 07, if I had sufficient Greekis in 15mm I'd seriously consider giving them a run as irreg.

Tim

Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject:

Not me. There is no point to being Greek if you're not really Greek anymore. It changes too much of the feel of the army. I would think there are plenty of other armies where irregular close order foot are available with good supprting troops, if that's what one desires.
scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Rules Question and Query on proposed Barbarian Rules

Tim Grimmett wrote:
Question:

Do Viking Hirdsmen and Beserker units armed with 2HCW count 1/3 of 3rd and 4th rank if charging, countercharging, pursuing, or following -up?
I assume they do.
Tim

That is correct. The idea here is to see if the several "one size fits all" ideas in the Barbarian rules will actually fit all.

scott

Dwyight
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject:

As a follow-on question, Varangians armed ONLY with a 2HCW in a second rank fight with half their figures. If they include a JLS they count as other foot + JLS. What does the third rank fight as (2HCW, JLS)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: