Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edgar Whittaker's passing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig M. Scott
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Edgar Whittaker's passing

Edgar Whittaker's passing

Hello Folks,

I just wanted to let you know that Ed lost his battle with cancer on Saturday December 30th at 5:20 AM… In his 2 ½ years of this struggle of this accursed disease I never heard him complain or whimper, unlike me.

He had one of the most brilliant minds I have ever known with a combination of intellectual honesty, a rare quality indeed, a man of grace, compassion, humor and just plain fun… I already miss him… If anybody has any stories they want to share I would love it! The Washington Post will have an obituary tomorrow, January 1st, I will pass it along.

Hamlet seems appropriate here... “A fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! “…There's a divinity that shapes our ends, rough hew them how we may…”

“If it be now, 'tis not to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come: the readiness is all. “Being ready to die, at the moment of your death, is all that ultimately matters. From the perspective of eternity, compared to which, this life is "but a vapor", being ready to die is all-important. The moment of death is inevitable, and the wise man will be prepared…”

“Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.”

I unashamedly grieve for my beloved friend…

Best regards,

Craig
Incatatus
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject:

I am very sorry to hear about Ed's death. I always enjoyed playing that old game with him; he was a friendly and kind man. It didn't even seem so bad when, in one bound, my three 4-element blocks of impetuously charging EHC with lance hit his Persian bowmen and proceeded to roll down 4, down 4, down 3 (those last guys were the stars of that operation).

Also, Ed (and Craig) were very considerate when I was playing doubles with my friend Tracy, who was in the process of losing his vision due to diabetes.

I am only sorry that I did not get to see Ed the last few times I made it to a convention.

Craig, thanks for posting this news.

-- Charles Randow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: