Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Huns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom McM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Huns

Ewan-
I see you won the open at Cold wars with your Huns. Could you post the List you used, with perhaps any hints about the use of specific units? Was it ally heavy or mostly Huns? It's an army I have interest in using, and was going to ask here how to make a competetive list for it. Thanks, Tom McM
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Hey Tom -

- I'll try to track the exact list from my laptop, but the basic concept was 'take every Hun LC available' - didn't quite make that goal, but close - and 'make them all IrrD, one element of C per unit.' Then Bill Low pointed out that fronting some units with JLS, Sh would help a lot in LC battles; and I took 3 small units of HC nobles through nothing other than inerti, really - they never did much.

CAVEAT: I *don't* think that this is a viable list under most circumstances 1200 points on a 6x4 with very short games, though - sure. I expected to meet other LC armies - especially Mongol - and this was designed to beat _them_.
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Huns, etc.

If you're playing on 1200 pts, on a 6'x4' table, with 2.5 hours...run Huns as Ewan did Wink.

I was Mongol, and facing him saw double (yes double) the LC figures I had. Nothing I could do.

Good metagame choice, Ewan.

Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: