Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Late Imperial Roman list errata question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamiepwhite
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Late Imperial Roman list errata question

Hi,

The new errata released for the Middle Imperial Roman list changed the light camel dromedarri to

Page 44, Line 17, Dromedarii, Delete "LCm, JLS, Sh @ 20 pts" and replace with: "each unit HCm or LCm JLS, B, Sh @ 51 pts if HCm, @ 24 pts if LCm".

This is an interesting change and I was curious if in the next version of the errata the Late Imperial Roman light camels were going to be changed to match? I'm happy playing the list either way, just would seem for consistency that the troop list lines should match.

Thanks,

Jamie
scott holder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject:

First, there's no need to be consistent across the board on such line items. When and where warranted, yes, absolutely.

The LIR dromedarii won't be HCm unless I stumble across something that readily identifies them as such.

That being said, I should have put the B on the droms for the LIR list. In that regard, the information I now have suggests consistency across the periods is warranted.

But I won't do that until after Hcon. Or maybe tomorrow. If I can, I'll announce it here and won't change the effective date of the eratta.

scott

jamiepwhite
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: More Dromedarrii questions

I painted two elements of dromedarrii the same as LC promoti thinking they were basically legionaires riding around on camels, similar to the LC mounted legionaires. But, with the change in armament, does your new information show them to be locally raised troops? I'm curious if the dromedarri should be allowed to be a legionari detachment and thus included in the morale upgrades for other funny legion detachment like light bolt shooters?

I'll admit, RB LCm JLS B Sh while not a killer troop type, would be very fun and annoying to ones opponent. I can just imagine Derek complaining now!

Jamie
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Okay, the minor tweak to the LIR Dromedarii is up as official errata

No other changes expected on this troop type and no other errata until after Hcon. Which is another way of saying we're current on all errata.

scott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: