Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rules Question-Disorder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Rules Question-Disorder

I am reposting this as a new topic just to clarify that there is a rules question here concerning cessation-cured disorder. Jon, I know you grow weary of expendable questions Embarassed , so please ignore that part and focus on the basic disorder question Laughing Thanks. See below:

Bill Chriss wrote:
Mark Stone wrote:

* if the charging body is not in contact with any enemy at the end of the bound, and has suffered no new cause of disorder, it reverts to steady as the interpenetration from the carts is a cessation-cured cause of disorder;
* if the charging body is in contact with enemy at the end of the bound, it remains disordered as you can't recover from disorder while in combat.[/list]

-Mark Stone

Mark and Jon,

I have a question about this part of Mark's example, which Jon responded appeared correct. The two bullet points above appear inconsistent. Where in the rules or in the clarifications does it say that a body does not recover from cessation-cured disorder just because it is in contact with enemy? The rules seem to admit of no such exception to 5.224: "Recovery from cessation-cured disorder occurs in the end phase if the cause has ceased." What am I missing? Something, I hope, as Mark's interpretation would make pigs more effective. Thanks.

joncleaves

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject:

Seems like the original example had something about the combat keeping the body disordered...
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject:

joncleaves wrote:
Seems like the original example had something about the combat keeping the body disordered...

No, it's really just a question of whether one can recover from cessation-cured disorder while in combat. Seems odd that one could, but I did a quick scan through the rules and didn't see anything that obviously prevents it.

-Mark
joncleaves

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject:

I think if you meet all other conditions, then yes, you theoretically could.

I suppose, for example, that a cavalry unit could be within 80p of an elephant, while in combat, win the combat and pursue/follow up out of 80p of the elephant. If the combat did not disorder the cav, then it would recover from the disorder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: