Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Barbarians at Historicon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Barbarians at Historicon

I *think* we're onto something. From a basic mechanical and touchy/feely effect standpoint, the barbarian rules used at Hcon come awfully close to what we had in mind when we started looking at this aspect of Warrior.

While most of us focused on the "big block" 1/3 rank rules, Dave Dietrich used #2 to really good effect, that being the eager one. It's a reason he was able to run Numidians well.

I also know that at least once, Tim Brown used the force march rule for FP, so that's a good thing.

I focused on the big block part since my Samnite list had two such allied Gallic blocks. And in all my games, they came into contact and the general effect seemed about right. When you paired them with unease-causing chariots, suddenly those vaunted hoplites and pikemen were not so vaunted anymore (force to stand).

So, I'm much happier with these than I was with the ones we ran at Cold Wars.

We're not close to making these official but, at the very least, I'll X Rule em and you can expect to see them as more or less a permament fixture. And that includes the NICT.

But I'm probably getting ahead of myself. I'd like to defer any formal action on these until after Fall In. Also, Bill and I will sit down and go thru all the army lists to see if any other than those already listed should get em. Don't hold your breath expecting hordes of armies to get them but I'm sure several troops types in certain lists will.

scott

Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: oki doki...

Thanks for all the observations and work...

I do believe that there are certainly various 'barbarian' troops in other list books that should receive the rules, and probably some more in already covered books that should not? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: