Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: 3 Questions

While having a very interesting battle between Matt Kollmer's Medieval Irish and my Romano-British some questions popped up.

#1 -

My 12E unit of Mostly Irreg D LMI Jls,Sh (X) is in a column in the woods facing right. There is a scrum of 2E HK/HC of Matt's taking on my unin of 4E HC Jls,Sh to the right of the woods - they are just on the edge, but not in the woods - (W). My LMI body (X) is w/in 40 paces of the edge of the woods and there is not another enemy body in the woods.

..............W.........W ........W
.......W ...................................W
W
...................................................W
W ...................XXXXXXXXXXXX ..W ..HC/HK
..........................................................H H
.........W.....................................W ......H H
................W ...............W .......W

My question is the following... Is my LMI unit considered supported? I looked on page 26 and it states "Close or loose order foot are suppported if each flank has either:
Steady close or loose order friendly body w/in 120 paces.
Difficult terrain not known to be occupied by enemy or shorline within 40 paces.

Checking the notes - it onlys discusses the same body cannot provide support to both flanks of a close or loose order foot body - not the terrain.

Question #2 - Matt's Bonnachts 1/2 2HCW,Jls,Sh 1/2 Jls, Sh have been contacted in the left (shielded) flank on bound 5 by my unit of LMI Jls,Sh. On the next bound Matt dices to exchange ranks as I am going to charge him frontally by another unit of LMI Jls,Sh and he does not want to count shieldless to the body on the flank.

We looked up when you count shieldless using 2HCW. I realize that w/ the Bonnachts having shields on their left side don't count shieldless on the 1st turn. If I had not charged him frontally I'm sure he would have still counted shieldless to the flank as he is not "using" his 2HCW, however... the 2nd bound of combat looking at page 69 the chart states that using 2HCW in subsequent bounds counts shieldless (to my flanking unit).

Here's the question. If matt had not been successful in exchanging ranks (counter) would my flank unit have counted his bonnachts as being shieldless now that they are fighting to the front?

Question #3 - We weren't sure, but (pg. 61) we had Matt exchange his entire front rank in the counter. Could Matt have done it on an element for element basis?

Thank you for your time Jon,

Todd K

joncleaves

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject:

The terrain supports the unit.

As for 2 and 3, are you saying someone did a counter with a body in contact to do something other than a 90 or 180 degree turn? That's the only type of counter permitted a body in contact.

Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject:

Well... I guess we slipped on that one - should have caught it.

I guess that leaves only one question. Should my foot on Matt's flank of his bonnachts fought against shieldless 2HCW?

Remember that I hit him on his left flank first - he had shield throughout. The next bound I charged him frontally and he would then have fought w/ 2HCW against the front. Would the flank unit have received the shieldless bonus being in subsequent bounds vs. 2HCW?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer these questions.

Todd K

joncleaves

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject:

[[Would the flank unit have received the shieldless bonus being in subsequent bounds vs. 2HCW? ]]

Yes.

Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Much appreciated.

Todd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: