Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Communal Italian FW188

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Sturges
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Communal Italian FW188

Greetings

Some time ago I picked up a 15mm Mirliton Communal Italian DBA army at a bring and buy. I keep looking at the figures and think I will turn them into a Fast Warrior force.

However FW188 has a few options in it and I wanted to get a feel for what would be the best bet in terms of using the figures (I'll have to add to what I have already anyway):

(a) An 8E unit of Communal infantry can be either (1) Reg D MI, LTS, Sh or (2) Reg D LMI, 2HCW or JLS, Sh

(b) A 6E unit of Communal crossbows can be either (1) Reg D MI, CB or (2) Reg D LMI, CB.

Which would people go for and why?

Regards

Mark Stone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Communal Italian FW188

Edward Sturges wrote:
Greetings

Some time ago I picked up a 15mm Mirliton Communal Italian DBA army at a bring and buy. I keep looking at the figures and think I will turn them into a Fast Warrior force.

However FW188 has a few options in it and I wanted to get a feel for what would be the best bet in terms of using the figures (I'll have to add to what I have already anyway):

(a) An 8E unit of Communal infantry can be either (1) Reg D MI, LTS, Sh or (2) Reg D LMI, 2HCW or JLS, Sh

(b) A 6E unit of Communal crossbows can be either (1) Reg D MI, CB or (2) Reg D LMI, CB.

Which would people go for and why?

Regards

For A choose either MI LTS,Sh or LMI JLS,Sh depending on whether you want to stiffen your line in the open or have a decent rough terrain unit.

For B definitely choose LMI. Close order CB without shields are just a rout waiting to happen. The LMI aren't a lot better, but at least they can attempt to skirmish/evade out of harm's way.

-Mark Stone
Edward Sturges
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Mark

Thanks.

Given the only other foot are Irr D LMI 1/2 JLS, Sh; 1/2 JLS or IPW I think I'd better keep the first unit as MI.

Regards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: