Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2007 NICT List Commentary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> List Lore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derekcus
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reason

The reason I picked Early Burgudian this year:

1) The most important reason as always is I had the figs.

2) The army was down played on this forum.

3) Swiss

4) It is nearly the perfect army to fit my play style.

Derek
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Sassanids: to wind up Dave Markowitz.

[He's been ribbing me about playing the same army in the NICT for several years now. Of course, *I* haven't won it yet..]

OK, not just that. In large part because they're the only 25mm army I personally own, and I really enjoy the figures. They're the only army I own because I happen to really like their style: potent (and unusual) hitting force, cheap regular lights to support. That's me. They are getting a little too popular, though, so I may have to move on eventually...
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Knights of St. John.

Long story... My 2nd ever battle was against them (6th ed. in 1986) - they were horrible but had a ton of shooting.

When 7th came out and their list was revised I liked the reg D combo of HG/CB (no longer exists in the new list). I got interested in the history of the KoSJ - esp. on Rhodes. Much reading - increased interest.

New list drew me in. Wanted to have it in 25mm. Not many were playing it - w/ exception of Mr. Stone - great battle in Teams years ago when Dave M and I were running Scots Common and we assaulted the deadly 4 element bombard unit Shocked in the finals.

I love shooting armies and medieval armies as well. Most were going w/ 100 years or Med. Spanish - I wanted something unique.

I really like the Marinarii LHI 2HCT,CB 1/2 Sh units. Not perfect by any standards but really neat troop type. I LOVE painting banners (not that any of you could tell Cool by my army.

The history is what drove me and the style of regular shooting units. My playing style is best used w/ regular troops and shooting armies in general.

If time permits I will paint another 25mm army - must break my youngest daughter's sleeping habit (or lack thereof) to get some time at night to paint Sad

Todd K

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> List Lore All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: