Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Painting and Modeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Garlic
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: NKE

Hi All,

Getting ready to move into new area and work on New Kingdom Egyptians. My son wants to oppress my Hebrews! My normal default setting for figures is Essex. Anyone familiar with NKE figures and have any recommendations?

Also, I have noted various painting services on eBay, but never tried any of them. As time seems to get shorter, and eyesight weaker, I am considering trying one of them. Anyone have any experience or recommendations in that direction?

Thanks,
John Garlic
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject:

http://www.miniaturelovers.com/

Fernando Enterprises is an excellent service that I've used. I know that many have used him and have been pretty happy. Very fast turnaround.

There is a discount til Dec 31st.

For figures http://www.thequartermaster.com/catalog.php Falcon miniatures is excellent and they may even have bargain bags for large purchases. I'm sure that Old Glory 15mm would also work. http://oldglory15s.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=201_203_576&sort=3a - might be cheaper too and they look pretty nice.

Some day I too wish to have this army and have toyed with lists over the years. I'm curious how you would set it up.

Todd K

Terry Dix
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: NKE

Hi John,
What scale are you doing your NKE in? Im looking to partake in cold wars mini theme and whatn to know what scale to make army in. I prefer 15mm for transport, and ease of painting. Im willing to admit that my 25mm stuff looks better when finally done though. I f you are interested in painted figs PM me and I can show you my wares.

John Garlic wrote:
Hi All,

Getting ready to move into new area and work on New Kingdom Egyptians. My son wants to oppress my Hebrews! My normal default setting for figures is Essex. Anyone familiar with NKE figures and have any recommendations?

Also, I have noted various painting services on eBay, but never tried any of them. As time seems to get shorter, and eyesight weaker, I am considering trying one of them. Anyone have any experience or recommendations in that direction?

Thanks,
John Garlic
John Garlic
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject:

Hi Todd and Terry,

We are working on 15mm since we almost always have to transport to play. Dmitri is actually the one trying to figure out his list. We playtested a late period NKE list today (1200 points) and they need some work vs the Hebrews. He wanted to try the late list first since you can have the axemen be 1/2 2HCW and 1/2 JLS which gets second rank into fight. There are more axemen in early list, but it seems like a real waste to have two ranks with second not fighting.

He also used some of the Canaanite LI because they are double armed, but the lack of shield stamped lunch across their foreheads. He's reworking list for another test run tomorrow. Plans to drop Canaanite LI. We both still need lots of practice with the LCh. The Hebrew 4hLCh have a slight edge despite the Egyptian JLS, but Egyptians can pump up with a lot more chariot runners. 12E Hebrew LMI (with barabarian rules) were also a handful for him to handle today.

Todd, thanks for websites.

I will email you offline Terry concerning figures.

John Garlic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Painting and Modeling All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: