Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chariot Wars 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Chariot Wars 2008

I'm already mulling over this event.

For starters, even tho the armies are listed on the NASAMW site, expect some restrictions or theme rules or *something* to be added. Why? The last time we ran this, it was the Midianite Arab and Neo-Babylonian Theme. That will not be repeated.

As such, Bill and I are in the preliminary stages of reviewing Biblical Warrior lists. That being said, we're open to any and all ideas about BW armies and the theme in particular. Thus, I encourage you to send me ideas OFF LIST. Dave Markowitz indicated he wanted to go thru the BW lists not only with an eye for the theme but with an eye for making them more playable in an open context. So Dave, send me your ideas. And everybody else, send me your ideas!

Because this is such a unique theme, I also am working on bringing back the Mini Theme Campaign Tourney for Cold Wars 08. We did this with the Crusades back in 2003 and it worked out really well. And I feel that the BW armies are well suited to this format. The basic idea is that you put together a 1600 pt list but only play 1200 of it at a time. Or as much of it as you have left over the course of 3 games. I'll post details of how we did this in 03 a bit later but it really was a blast. If we do this (and I'll push very hard to do this because it's different and fun and a different test of generalship), I'd like to play in it. I did in 03 but also umped it so this time around, I'd prefer to have someone else ump. I'd still ump Doubles the next day.

scott

Terry Dix
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject:

Scott any further news on this event? I like the idea of the campaign theme Mini. Keeps folks from using LI like expendables, also makes a pyrrhic victory painful. A game of conservation aswell as tactics. As for what to do about the Neo Babylonian, I dont know what to do, the list is the most flexible list in the book.
scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Nothing firm. I'll have more after Fall In but I'd count on this happening.
John Garlic
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject:

Hello Scott and Bill,

You mentioned, a few months back, that you were reviewing the Biblical lists. I am planning out painting before the summer and am curious if you are planning any changes that might affect New Kingdom Egyptians.

Thanks,
John Garlic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: