Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a game in Portland, OR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Opponents Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vcina
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Looking for a game in Portland, OR

I'm looking for someone who has experience playing Warrior in the Portland, OR area.
scott holder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Welcome aboard! Hopefully somebody will come out of the woodwork, something that won't be helped by the fact that we're moving people here.

There's a group of Warrior players in the northern CA area, or Bay Area. Frank Gilson is in Seattle. Hopefully one of them will pop up and tell you if anybody's closer.

scott

David Sullivan
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject:

I'm up in Lynnwood (just north of Seattle). I'm involved with the region gaming group Northwest Historical Miniatures Gaming Society (NMHGS), which stretches from Portland to Vancouver, BC.

I've only just connected with Frank Gilson, but I've put the word out in NHMGS looking for Warrior players and it doesn't look promising. Some respondents described horrible acts of self-abuse that they would willingly perform rather than play Warrior. My guess is that this region is a tough crowd when it comes to selling Warrior.

We're having a convention (Enfilade! 2006) on June 9-11 in Olympia. There won't be any scheduled Warrior games, but if you come, we might be able to grab a table at some point and play a one-off game. See our website (http://www.nhmgs.org) for info about Enfilade.

Also, I might be talked into a trek south some weekend.
vcina
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I've been to Enfilade before and I game regularly at Western Oregon Wargamers in Portland. I won't be able to make Enfilade this year as my wife and I are expecting our first child in about two weeks, and I'm pretty sure I won't have time for gaming for about a month or so.
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Seattle

Yup, I'm up in Seattle. I live downtown.

I have two people here at work that 'may' become occasional players once I have the new rulebook to use. They're unlikely to be tournament players, however.
DBBeatty
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Portland Wariror

Hey,

I live in Woodburn and would be delighted to play a little Warrior!

Dave Beatty
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject:

I'm wondering if we pull together a critical mass of Warrior players in the Pacific Northwest. Frank Gilson and I are in the Seattle area (Renton), and while Portland is a ways, it might make a reasonable day trip for either Portland folks coming up to Seattle or Seattle folks driving down to Portland if we had enough players and could get in at least a couple of games in a day.

We certainly have space where we could accomodate game play here at the Wizards of the Coast office. In the Portland area we might be able to make use of some place like Rainy Day Games.

-Mark Stone
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: event

I think an actual event where we got something like 8 people together would be great...although right now I only count ummm...4?

Still, on occasion, Bill Low and Dan Woyke are in the area...although often with little advance planning.

Also, while we do have some casual gaming space here at our offices, they're in widely separated bits and pieces.

Frank
Terry Dix
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Warrior in seatle in early Jan.

Fencing is going to have me up to Seattle in early Jan. I should be done by 6pm. I am hoping for a game of warrior in the evening. Frank? Mark?
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Warrior in seatle in early Jan.

Terry Dix wrote:
Fencing is going to have me up to Seattle in early Jan. I should be done by 6pm. I am hoping for a game of warrior in the evening. Frank? Mark?

Sounds like a plan. Email me at mark.stone at gmail dot com some time; we can exchange phone numbers and make a plan for some gaming.

-Mark
vcina
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject:

I know its been awhile since I've been on this forum but I have been busy with my MA Thesis and a new daughter and my gaming group decided to go in another direction from Ancients and Medieval gaming.

Anyway, my group and I are looking at trying out the Warrior rules again. If there are still people in the area who are interested in teaching a bunch of newbies we are game. We have a private place to game now, we no longer attend Western Oregon Wargamers club. We mostly game on Saturdays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Opponents Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: