Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combat results question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D PIPER
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Combat results question

This may seem stupid but im having some problems with the way a combat went on a game I played this weekend. Heres what went on:

Unit A: 4e Reg C, LC, B, SH (6 fatigue)
Unit B: 4e Reg C, LC, JLS, SH (4 fatigue)
Unit C: 2e Reg B, HC, L, SH (0 fatigue)

My unit (A) was routed by the enemy unit (B) he maintained contact with me as I fled. My unit (C) on the following turn charged into the shieldless flank of the offending unit (B). In the combat phase he rolled up and ended up doing 4@10 which does 48 to my fleeing unit (A), my unit (C) rolled down and ended up doing 5@5 which does 25 so heres th question.
Whats the results?

A. Unit A goes poof, unit B routes.

B. Unit A goes poof, unit B is disordered, unit C locks in combat.

C. Something else?
joncleaves

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Given that by "goes poof" you mean destroyed due to being exhausted and having received a more HTH casualties and 1 cpf result against it, then B is the correct answer.
Adrian Williams
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject:

Shouldn't Unit A rout again. The 48 received is only 6 more fatigues, taking it to 12, then it routs taking it to 14. So it routs and is on 14 fatigues.

Unit B is tired (7 fatigue) and disordered (from the 3cpf) with a fresh (or at least charge fatigued) unit of HC stuck in its flank for next turn. It will be wanting to counter as well as it can!

Adrian

D PIPER
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Sorry Unit A was suppose to be at 9 fatigue. I guess i did it right it just seems that a unit hit in the flank and not able to fight back, it really would not matter how much they did to someone else. Thanks for the input.
D PIPER
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Sorry Unit A was suppose to be at 9 fatigue. I guess i did it right it just seems that a unit hit in the flank and not able to fight back, it really would not matter how much they did to someone else. Thanks for the input.
joncleaves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Yes, if it were at 6 fatigue to start that combat and took 6 CPF and 2 from the rout move, it would be at 14 and still on the table, having routed a second time.
If at 9 fatigue at start, it would be destroyed.

What Warrior simulates is what each group of men in a "unit" thinks is going on. In the combat shown, more of the men in the unit think they are winning (the guys hacking down cav to the front) than think the unit is losing (the guys hit in the flank).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: