Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another 40p

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> X-Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Another 40p

We have an X rule, unlikely to be adopted for wider use, where close order foot can tactical move 120p.

This stems from the difficulty in getting close order foot up and having them charge to contact in a reasonable time frame.

The 'big' issue is that they can march to 240p, but then not approach move into their charge range.

Dave Stier brought up the fact that we could just add 40p to the tactical move of all troops...sounds radical Wink...but very interesting. Units still stop marching at 240p from known enemy.

Adding 40p to all tactical moves keeps all moves relative. Close order foot still don't catch skirmishers, but can approach to within their charge move after marching.

Frank
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject:

Dave's a smart guy, and it's an interesting idea. Here's another thought, completely off the top of my head, and just for contrast:

Let close order foot march to 160p.

-Mark Stone
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: hmmmm

only flaw off the top of my head to your idea, Mark, is that then bow armed close order foot could approach to close shooting range immediately after marching to 160p...

Frank
OGS-Vintage
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject:

My 2 bits :-

loose order were faster (120pp tactical) to HELP (not the only reason <formation, historical etc etc) balance the wavers resulting from being charged by mounted.

Close order do not suffer this penalty for the same reason/s/s/s as above.

I know i'd love to have my close formation armies move heaps faster, but you gotta run some balance in there somewhere.

Hope I haven't posted in the wrong area (cringes)
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: 40 Pace increase

This is an intersting idea. I wonder if this will have an adverse affect on can armies? It might be very helpful. Definitely something to think about.

Kelly Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> X-Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: