Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NICT lists???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: NICT lists???

Scott,

Any chance you could post the NICT lists from 2008? It is the dry season for many of us and I'm sure that thoughts of army lists might spur some activity on the forum.

Sincerely,

Todd K

scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Done. See under List Lore.

Opine away!

scott

Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject:

Thanks Scott,

Bummer w/ the turnout so low - there is not the usual variety of lists. It will keep me going throughout the dry season.

Todd

Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: NICT lists ????

YO Todd

I ran off the lists and am looking at them. Well as usual the NIKE Byz caught my eye. Mike M , my loyal Nike Byz player, I should have guessed. Anyway, as I looked through the list, I was surprised to see 5 EHC units. In my mind I asked ,"What does he do with them".??? The last list I had I had one(1) EHC and that was my sub. I am always at a lost at how to play them. You can't skirmish and if you get out there too far, they are like candy for any K unit or jls,b LC unit.
He had some small LI units but could they cover them.
Ed the inquisitive.
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject:

Ed the Rash,

In the NICT EHC could skirmish as an X-rule. Probably to test them out on upcoming re-looks at some lists.

Todd

Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: NICT lists ????

Hi
EHC Shirmishing Shocked . Maybe you typed it wrong Confused (as I run downstairs tosee how many EHC, I really have). I don't even have that many EHC. Maybe I can put foil around my HC . It seems like I remember seeing Bill L doing that a long time ago.
Skirmishing EHC. !!! Well that is a dog of a different color. I have to think now.
Ed the smiling
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Be forewarned that the EHC skirmishing rule probably won't be applied across the board. It's most likely gonna devolve into a List Rule for certain armies. Rest assured Byzantines will get that list rule. Wink

scott

D PIPER
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject:

Mongels perhaps?
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: NICT lists ????

Yo
I will be selfish here. I LOVE THE IDEA OF SKIRMISHING EHC Very Happy . But I will probably not get anymore than want I have. I feel that the beauty of the Byzantine (hey that alliteration sounds good. I will have to use that again) is in its balance of forces and combined arms. Not that I play them well. Actually, I can't remember every winning a game with them. I came close against Matt when he was trying out a Rajput army. He wanted to see how all those IrrA would work. Not that well unless you roll up, which he didn't. Anyway, I will working them into my army again. I was starting to think if I would ever use them.
Actually, it is appropriate for Byzantine to have it. I remember back when the rules were being worked over and the old concept of African formation came up which was used in TOG 6th edition and earlier. I always felt that the detachment concept was refined to help Byzantines keep that formation somewhat in place. But this really makes it more applicable.

To the Mongol point. I don't know much about Mongols but it would be OK with me. I am presently in the middle of painting some now for Matt;s Timurids or was it Ilkanid. At my age , a Mongol is a Mongol.

Ed the rash
Matt Kollmer
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject:

They are Timurids Dad.....geez! *a mongol is a mongol*....tell that to TamerLane!
I forgot about that Rajput game......I only rolled up once!

I agree that skirmishing EHC across the board is a bad idea, definatly a list rule.....In the immortal words of Bill Low, "Why put armor on your horse to skirmish away?!"
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: NICT lists ????

Yo
Look at some of those Samurai lists . You,guys, know the list better than I. They all seem to be Samuari backed by Ashigaru. Matter of fact , Dick's list was very simple All Samurai w/ Ashigaru. It must have been easy to figure out, the numbers are all the same.
Tim's list is pretty much the same, but with some Mtd SG units. I think that Ewan played Samurai at the Council in Albany, and he found them very interesting on the good side. I actually felt he might even consider playing them again.
Rick's list seemed the same as Tim's but with maybe an extra Mtd unit.
I am thinking about the 15mm Japanese . Do they have to be rebased Crying or Very sad
Anyway, back to Mongols. I see that Mike Kelly played them. I don't know how he did but it looks like a skirmishing but not much punch. But then I don't know much about Mongols as Matt can attest. How would you play that list.

Ed the Thoughtful
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Ed,

A couple of thoughts:

Japanese. This list is one that will stay and a fair number of players will continue to use it. It is tough w/ the LEHI - can't be shot up like the old list. It has a 2nd rank that has 1HCW and that makes all the difference in the world. Fighting 2 ranks is what the list needed. It also has some LI, which not everyone uses, but it can hold more space. A tough list to be sure.

The Byzantine lists will probably be getting a look over. There min are too high, but the combined arms is what draws people to the list. I've fought against your Byzantines a few times back in the day. One time I even had Arab Conquest vs. your Mauk's. I believe I rolled well that day.

Todd

Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: NICT lists ????

I love you Todd Laughing . You keep me sane. My wife as been trying to do that for years. But I told her when we got married that I was slightly ...... you know. Embarassed
You give me hope that I will play the Nikes again. I never stopped liking them. It was just that the call of the CID, I got diverted. I will return once again and be a Byzanophile.
But now I hear Arthur calling me from the beyong. I will have to seach for the Stone and Excalibur.
Sorry I digress. Back to sanity.
I also had some thoughts. After looking over them a couple of times. I started to realize the groupings of the lists. Out of 22 lists??? There were 4 New World armies, 3 Japanese , 2 Mongol, 2 Early Burgundians, 2 Sassanids , some others.
My point is that Why New World ??
Why Japanese??? They are hard to play.
Why Mongol. I haven't played against any Mongols lately, but they just don't seem to have the punch.

Ed the curious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: