Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warrior Battles - Mass Tactical Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Warrior Playtest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Celella
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Warrior Battles - Mass Tactical Modifier

I've finished a first read of the Warrior Battles rules, and these look like a great recruiting tool for the Warrior system. I have a ton of questions, but I think that I'll hold off on most of them until I see how a first playtest works out. One thing though has me confused that I'd like to get straightened out before playing - that's how the tactical hth modifier works for Mass. I'm a little confused on how to count the elements for this factor. For example, the rules say that for every 2 full elements of close troops there is a +1 factor. Does this mean the total number of elements in an unit, or the elements eligible to fight only? If it refers to elements eligible to fight, I would guess that at impact you only count the elements with front edge contact, and including rear ranks eligible to fight, and then in subsequent melees you would also add in the overlaps. Does this sound correct, or am I just confusing things?

Thanks

Peter
scott holder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Jon's at Fall In so he'll have a definitive answer, however, I'll take a stab now.

I believe this refers to 2 elements in the body, not eligible to fight. That way you can have depth of formation ala how we're doing things with the Barbarian rules.

scott

joncleaves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Depth is elements eligible to fight - mass is total, period.

Playtest demo went very well, lots of notes. Will report asap.

J

Peter Celella
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject:

joncleaves wrote:
Depth is elements eligible to fight - mass is total, period.

Playtest demo went very well, lots of notes. Will report asap.

J

I'll be looking forward to the notes.

One more thing though - I could really use an example of hth combat for Warrior Battles. I don't see how overlaps or combat prolonging the front works in this game. Maybe its not applicable, and the wording is just a holdover from standard Warrior. When messing with the factors, it doesn't seem that you actually count the bases fighting anywhere. That's cool, but I'm just trying to understand how to run a melee. The rest of the rules are pretty straight forward, but I'm confused with this one.

Thanks again

Peter
joncleaves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject:

yes, that wording needs to change - in my notes.

yes, there will be a TON of examples of play.

I've already started 1.1 - keeps those cards and letters coming!

J

scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Could somebody who participated in the WB demo at Fall In please post a sample of HTH? I'm running a playtest session tonight and I'm having, I guess, the same problems Peter did determining how HTH works. Shooting is fine but in HTH, I don't see anyplace where you count "who fights". Yes, the mass combat factor is there, that's clear. However, even tho number of ranks eligible to fight is listed as is overlap, I don't see how that interacts with everything else.

Heh heh, yes, I've already emailed Jon but I think he's out of town and I need this for tonight.

Thanks.

scott

joncleaves

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject:

I am working on 1.1. It will include an example of hth and shooting both. Just have a holiday to get through first.

J

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Warrior Playtest All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: