Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pointcon???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Pointcon???

The Berkshirites Principalities are looking covetously upon the Hudson River. We need Lebensraum. We need revenge for our defeats of yesterday year at the hands of the civilized kingdoms of the south. Will they accept the challenge or are they tired from their exploits in PA.
Or do they consider us of little avail.
Mad
Ed the Berkshirite
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject:

We of the Mid-Hudson laugh at your effete Massachussets troops. We scoff at them. We fart in their general direction.

And yea, verily, we say unto you: "Bring it on, O Kollmers!"

[PointCon is a GO! Details to appear here very shortly.]
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Pointcon???

Ahh
That's what that foul stench was that polluted our pristine hills. We thought it was fumes from thier cooking pots. Since it is well known to us in the virginal forest of Berkshire that the city dwellers of Albany and the surrounds eat foul and rotted flesh from road kill because little else is left in the area of nourishment.
Ed the defiant
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: PointCon is go :-)

Just heard back from Steve Waddell at the Point this morning: we are all set for Warrior at PointCon.

This will be a standard (if there is such a thing any more!) 1600-point, 15mm (only; have to fly the flag for our good Lord Low) tournament. 3 games during the day, 9 a.m. (prompt!) start.

Prizes as usual; nominal fee for the Con.

Please drum up interest - we have several folks whom I know to be coming, but it would be great to have a good showing..
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Pre Pointcon AAR

Yo
Well Matt and I had a pregame last night. Warm me up a little for Pointcon and get the feel of Later Polish (Battle of Grunwald)1410 army I hope to bring. It was amazing how much I had forgotten Sad
Well, we played with weather but didn't have any.
I put down a major water feature and a brush and two opens. Matt had two hills ,one steep on my side(grrrrrr) and two woods. Since he was playing Babylonians, he was kicking himself that he didn't put down dunes. I was kicking myself for the major water since all it did was hem in my LC. We got all the terrain. Way too much for me.
His army was basically Elamites on his right where the brush and two woods were and Midiates in the middle where the open was and his Babylonians on his left where the hills and water feature were.
I put the Lithuranian LC and sub of EHKs on my right facing his Babylonians with the steep hill and water which really loused up my Lithurian LC. In the middle I had my big blocks of foot with 2HCT sh front, Jls sh rear. with CIC of EHK. My left had the block of Polish LMI 2HCW,B,sh with 3 units of EHK. I sent the Tartars on a flank march . But made a mistake I can't send more than one unit without a Sub.
Anyway, he had a lot of fire power. The Lithuranians were getting shoot up pretty bad from his blocks of LMI B. The one glimper of hope for me here was my EHK hit his 4H Heavy Chariots and rolled up and pushed them back but by then it was too little too late. He hit me in the flank with a spear block , but I still managed to push him back again. I was rolling really well.
The Center was me pushing his Camels back and evading . Bill , we were using the X rule about the HI moving 120paces . It really helped. It didn't change my outcome but it kept him honest with his MCm and I was getting across the board quicker. I liked it. Basically, the middle was awash. He evaded I charged.
The real bad news for me was the poles LMI on my left. I just got into the brush when they saw my LC CB unit route. They shook. Now Matt had this Elamit Hch coming around between the woods and the brush. I charged him with EHK but I didn't push him back and for the rest of the game we just locked in the little corridor with him getting the better of the fight and eventually the EHK dying. The Pole LMI unit took another waver test and they routed. Now we had a question here which I will post in the rules section. Nevertheless, now his block of Elamite bow took the brush and poured fire on my Other EHKs from who had enough fire from the slingers and Camels.
The Tartars , you ask , where are they. Well they did show in bound five with two fatigues and did nothing. Now Matt had Elamite Hch's and Bablyonian HC to deal with them since my left had somewhat disintegrated.
OK, OK, who won. Well lets look around the room . I didn't so who was left in the room. Ok, Ok, Ok Matt won. We figured out the points and he was nice enough to say, "What you didn't kill any of my units, let me go over my list again. It seems like there was something." LOL Very Happy
But it was a great game and I needed it. I was sooo rusty
As usual, I am still painting up some figures, that I need
Ed the Indefatigable
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Pre Pointcon AAR

Yo
Well Matt and I had a pregame last night. Warm me up a little for Pointcon and get the feel of Later Polish (Battle of Grunwald)1410 army I hope to bring. It was amazing how much I had forgotten Sad
Well, we played with weather but didn't have any.
I put down a major water feature and a brush and two opens. Matt had two hills ,one steep on my side(grrrrrr) and two woods. Since he was playing Babylonians, he was kicking himself that he didn't put down dunes. I was kicking myself for the major water since all it did was hem in my LC. We got all the terrain. Way too much for me.
His army was basically Elamites on his right where the brush and two woods were and Midiates in the middle where the open was and his Babylonians on his left where the hills and water feature were.
I put the Lithuranian LC and sub of EHKs on my right facing his Babylonians with the steep hill and water which really loused up my Lithurian LC. In the middle I had my big blocks of foot with 2HCT sh front, Jls sh rear. with CIC of EHK. My left had the block of Polish LMI 2HCW,B,sh with 3 units of EHK. I sent the Tartars on a flank march . But made a mistake I can't send more than one unit without a Sub.
Anyway, he had a lot of fire power. The Lithuranians were getting shoot up pretty bad from his blocks of LMI B. The one glimper of hope for me here was my EHK hit his 4H Heavy Chariots and rolled up and pushed them back but by then it was too little too late. He hit me in the flank with a spear block , but I still managed to push him back again. I was rolling really well.
The Center was me pushing his Camels back and evading . Bill , we were using the X rule about the HI moving 120paces . It really helped. It didn't change my outcome but it kept him honest with his MCm and I was getting across the board quicker. I liked it. Basically, the middle was awash. He evaded I charged.
The real bad news for me was the poles LMI on my left. I just got into the brush when they saw my LC CB unit route. They shook. Now Matt had this Elamit Hch coming around between the woods and the brush. I charged him with EHK but I didn't push him back and for the rest of the game we just locked in the little corridor with him getting the better of the fight and eventually the EHK dying. The Pole LMI unit took another waver test and they routed. Now we had a question here which I will post in the rules section. Nevertheless, now his block of Elamite bow took the brush and poured fire on my Other EHKs from who had enough fire from the slingers and Camels.
The Tartars , you ask , where are they. Well they did show in bound five with two fatigues and did nothing. Now Matt had Elamite Hch's and Bablyonian HC to deal with them since my left had somewhat disintegrated.
OK, OK, who won. Well lets look around the room . I didn't so who was left in the room. Ok, Ok, Ok Matt won. We figured out the points and he was nice enough to say, "What you didn't kill any of my units, let me go over my list again. It seems like there was something." LOL Very Happy
But it was a great game and I needed it. I was sooo rusty
As usual, I am still painting up some figures, that I need
Ed the Indefatigable
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: