Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Historicon update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srawls
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Historicon update

Scott will probably be posting this soon, but I wanted to get a jump on him. I screwed up on a sort of the NICT spreadsheet. It did NOT change the winner, which was Ewen McNay, but did alter the 2nd-4th place finishers. This does not affect either open tournament. I sorted on the wrong section of the spreadsheet. 2nd through 4th were Derek Downs, Dave Markowitz and Dave Stier. Again, my apologies for this.

Mea maxima culpa!

Steve Rawls
Dave Markowitz
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject:

no problems -- thanks again for umping. you did a great job with it. dave.
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject:

Echoed. Cats were well-herded: thanks, Steve.

[I'll try to do an AAR soon, and would be willing to review lists if anyone is interested - haven't heard from or seen either The Greek or Mark Stone for a while, though..]
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject:

Hey, I'm here. And eagerly awaiting details on this year's NICT and Theme Tourney. Congrats to Ewan, by the way. Been a long time coming (I know the feeling) and well deserved.
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject:

Good to hear from you, Mark; you were missed. [And, thanks! I got lucky in the end Smile]
Bill Chriss
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Hi guys. Ewan, congratulations on the win!

I could not make H'con this year because I am back in fulltime law practice while finishing my first book as well as my dissertation. And son John is doing the starving actor bit in L.A. So I have reverted to the situation where I only play wargames once a year at H'Con, if then. I haven't touched a toy soldier in a year.

And in any event, the Theme was obviously ill-suited to my tastes...by definition barbarian...Ech!

Hopefully next year. Meanwhile, AAR's and NICT army analysis would be appreciated. I would like someone to tell me that Warrior is alive and well on the national and international level. To be honest, I stopped regularly following this forum because the traffic since last Fall had been so light, which gave me some cause for concern.

Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject:

You would have been glad to see that the forces of civilisation - Arthur! - kept barbarism at bay for at least a little while.

In any event, sorry not to have seen you, but good luck with the publications; and yes, I was very pleasantly surprised to note even a _good_ number of new faces on the Warrior scene. So health appears to be maintained, even in the absence of a growth spurt.
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject:

My nearest opponent is now 13 hours' drive away (thanks to Frank moving back to SoCal). I expect to be at Cold Wars next year. Just not sure how I get in much practice between now and then.
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject:

Yeesh. That's a problem. You clearly need to find a reason to move to New York.
scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Although this won't help "full blown" Warrior players, I am working on an idea that Marc Cribbs pitched to me on how to make Fast Warrior more appealing to some non-Warrior players. You might be able to wrangle a few into this level of it just so you remember what it's like to throw average die once in a while. Laughing

scott

Mark Stone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject:

scott holder wrote:
Although this won't help "full blown" Warrior players, I am working on an idea that Marc Cribbs pitched to me on how to make Fast Warrior more appealing to some non-Warrior players. You might be able to wrangle a few into this level of it just so you remember what it's like to throw average die once in a while. Laughing

scott

I have a reply, but I'll just start a new thread under a more appropriate topic, since we're getting seriously off topic here.
ted greenspan
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: historicon

A...historicon was a blast for a variety of reasons.(been awhile since i was last there)
1. seeing old friends and opponents
2. seeing beautiful paint jobs, scenery and the like
3. trying new games while waiting for saturdays tournament
4. the intensity of playing 3 games in a row, which i never get to do
5. buying stuff, mostly any painted figs i could find and afford
6. getting use to a new army and 25mil..we only play 15mil in mobile
alabama.
B...other observations and thank you's
a. thanks to derek downs for lending me an army so i could play
b. thanks to the sponsors and judges..who all did a great job
c. thanks to the gamers i played for being patient and everyone for being
friendly..we have the best group of gamers in the gaming world!
d. i admit that i really enjoyed seeing that the warrior tourneys had more
participants than fog..something like 38 to 33?..
e. and there was a female ancient player in warhammer..really
C....rant
i talked to jake about the "southern condition" of warrior and was informed that the 4 horsey's would support a tourney if done in this area...mobile, ala..with prizes etc..any interest out there for a southern tourney???i think derek downs runs the only successful tourney's for warrior south of mason dixon line? is that true derek?
i have posted before on what i saw as a lack of warrior committment to the south..or at least outside the comfort zones of the east coast and new england.
warrior is a better game than dba, fog etc..it relies on the player's ability and not a bucket of dice..sooo
bayou wars .,and coast con offer the best venues to host a tourney down here as the tourney's in b'ham and norbert gisclair(baton rouge) are all fog now...any interest??
i will help to sponsor such endeavors if there is any interest?

ted greenspan
Rickster61
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Southern Warrior

Ted,

Derek runs his DerekCon's in Jacksonville, Siege of Augusta runs a Warrior tournament in Augusta, Ga., Jamie Gentry is trying to keep it going at Nashcon in May. I'm going to be running a demo of Warrior at Hurricon in Cocoa Beach this year in September, hoping to get some more converts. Depending on the weekend, I could make it to the Mobile area.

Rick Parrish
John Murphy
Legate
Legate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject:

...and Tim Grimmett still runs, going strong for about five-ten or so years now, the DC-Virginia-Maryland-Delaware-etc Warrior quarterly which is basically a game a month at various game stores or people's houses. Coupled with the two big Lancaster conventions and an occasional Fall-In that was pretty much the sum of my Warrior playing (so 15-20 games a year).
chrisbump
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject:

what ever happened to chris Damour?
He lived in Georgia as I recall.
I apologize if I have asked an insensitive question and something awful has taken Chris out of circulation.

Jon Green lived in Lake Charles LA. He was an avid player that you might also reach out to Tim.

As much as anything I think getting to word out to the folks who have fallen out of touch and have armies may better your chances for success in the South.

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: