Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks for a great time at Historicon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terry D
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Thanks for a great time at Historicon

I wanted the thank everyone that I was able to meet, play, and drink with over the past weekend. I feel bad that my lack of playing made for some slower games than were likely fair to my opps. My unseemly good luck in the theme was the only reason I was able to win. I got in 6 games of Warrior and had fun in all of them. The final game against Rob was amazing each of us took 15-20 tests and failed none of them. This was my first trip to Hcon and im looking forward to making atleast one of the three next year. A special Thanks to Scott and Todd for putting up with my questions.
Terry Dix
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure everybody thanks you for bringing the Scotch.

We had a nice little awards ceremony Saturday night. About 20 of us, all with beer or scotch or wine in hand toasting a great weekend.

scott

Mark Stone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject:

Terry,

Thanks for representing the West Coast. Its a long haul for us to get there, but always worth the trip when we can. Hoping to make at least one of Cold Wars and Historicon next year, and hopefully both.
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: H-Con results

Thanks for the reports. It helps us virtual players keep in the loop
ed the Loopy Shocked
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Terry - I had a ball playing against you

This was a agme where we started combats in turn 2 played 8 turns and ended up with a 3-2 and not a huge number of points lost on either side.
Mongold must be the most frustrating army to play with and against - nobody can catch you, but you really struggle to kill anything unless your opponent messes up.
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: thanks for a great time

I might find out about the Mongols Robert. I am morphing a Golden Horde army of Batu and Ally Gen Nevsky from my Later Polish and Matt's Timurids . I hope to play Matt's Parthians. I will see.
Ed the Mongol Mad
Terry D
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Robert the only reason we didnt get a decisive result was that our dice didnt know how to roll a 1 or a 2. Well except for your arrival dice and my initiative dice Smile The odds of a Mongol not getting an arrival over 7 turns is under 1%, ofcourse the odds of going second for 8 turns is half that Smile
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Theme and nationals

Another weird one - in almost every game I played I either went first all the time or second all the time
Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: