Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Golden Horde vs Parthians

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Golden Horde vs Parthians

Matt Kollmer aka Surena the Sly (Parthian)
Ed Kollmer aka Batu the Splendid (Golden Horde)
I tried this before but the Computer ate it or something.

Ok I will try this again. I don’t know if my creativity can replicate itself. The other one was good or maybe it was a good thing that the first one was lost.

Well here goes!!!

I, Schriftides, scribe of Batu, the Terrible, the Glorius, Great Khan of the Golden Horde . Relate all the events that I can recall from the great conflict with Surena the cowardly.
It all started when Surena the greedy Parthian was encroaching on the Caucasus of which Batu the wise, the magnificent, the powerful, the Great Khan of the Golden Horde claims as his. But after months of vitriolic exchanges of name-calling and other insults of which cannot be printed here, the Sly Surena finally came out of his skulking tent after having mustered the courage to face Batu, the Great , the Splendid.
“Bring whatever forces you can to Gaugamela, the plains of decision, the historic plains of Alexander”, cried Surena the Proud.

(We had preset terrain: one large gentle hill on Batu’s right flank and two small gentle hills on his left with a rocky area between them. Batu had 72 scouting and Surena had around 130 ?? so it was about 1:1. We used the new deployment rules so we were less than 480 apart. ]

Batu remarked that the enemy was pretty close , to which Surena the defiant called back across the table,” I didn’t come here to shoot arrows at you”. Batu coolly responded,” Destroy them all . Leave none among the living”

Battle lines: If I can get the pics to come out. They are mostly in reverse order. The first pic is actually the battle between Batu and the Sub. The next is the pic of the end . The third is the middle game and the last is more the beginning.
From Surena’s Left to right. Tipuian LI,Jls,sh; big unit of Tipurian LMI,Jls,sh, City militia LMI, Jls,sh,; LI bow backed by 2 SHC/HC; LC unit; another LC unit backed by SHC/HC; Sub-SHC/HC; Large LC unit and finally small LC unit.
Batu: from his right: Two units of Turkic LC one 4El and other 2El covering the hills and rocky area, next Subotai (Merkit command) 2El EHC, two 2El HC , 6El MC and 2El LC. Next Jamuga(Tartar Command) 2El EHC, 2El HC, 6El MC and 8El LC. Finally, Alexander Nevsky Russian 2El HC and another 2El HC

Turn 1: both armies moved forward at the full. And unleashed a hail of arrows that blocked out the light in the room. Fortunately for Batu the Turkic LC inflicted the better against the Tipurian LI ,Jls,sh And charged. The First blood of the day went to the Turkic LC, they pushed back the LI jls,sh. The small Turkic LC just danced and kept the large Tipurian LMI busy
Subotai’s command moved forward and pushed away the LI bow and charged the LC unfortunately, he pushed forward too far and started to be encircled
Jamuga’s command also pushed forward and again the Parthian LC faded away.
Batu the Brave soon realized that a gap was opening between Jamuga’s command and Alexander’s Russians. He started moving across the field to fill the gap with his two 2El HCunits

Turn 2:
The Turkic LC continue to push back Tipurians
Subotai’s command continues to push but takes fatigues but his MC gets flanked by the City Militia , They try to break off but roll short and get caught. The HC are taking fire and become exhausted. However, Subotai holds on.
Jamuga’s command also pushed forward but again starts to lose the fire fight and tries to catch some of the LC.
But Surena the Crafty moves more of his SHC/HC units to move into the gap between Alexander and Jamuga which Batu the fearless moves to fill.

Turn 3:
The Turkic LC continue to destroy the Tipurians
Subotai is barely holding with two of his units destroyed the MC and one of the HC.
Jamuga is rallying and trying to prevent the gap from getting bigger or more deadly.
But Batu the Fierce arrives at the gap and faces off against the Sub-Gen which Surena the Fearful based his hopes to crush Jamuga.

Turn 4:
All other events are status quo.
But Batu the conqueror calls out his challenge to the Parthian Sub. To the Sub’s Credit, he answers the challenge and after both units unleash volleys of arrows at each other of which Batu the Accurate gets the better they charge ferociously at each other. The crash and splintering of lances are heard across the field as Surena the Unlucky rolls a CATASTROPHIC ROLL and The Sub rolls off his charger as Batu routs the unit. But Surena the Manipulater manages to survive most of the fear running through his army.
Tragically, Alexander and the Russians fall before the Parthian arrows trying to catch the LC.

Turn 5:
Little changed. As the Goddesses coming from the Living room declared the hostilities at an end.

Parthians inflicted 507pts
Golden Horde inflicted 204pts

Batu ceded the Caucuses and returned to Russia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: