Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Circulating combatants & disorder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trajan
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Circulating combatants & disorder

I am somewhat aware of circulating combatants rule for the Romans, from being told, but I don't see where it is written.

Say my Romans get pushed back and some negative effects happens (disordered) does that mean only the 1st rank is disordered? and by circulating the second rank I can temporarily delay the negative effect? Where are the written mechanics of this so I can understand. It seems like when a unit becomes disordered the whole unit would be. The circulating combatants do not state anything to the contrary.

Any guidance on the topic is appreciated.

Matt
scott holder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Roman Circulating Combatant rules:

http://www.fourhorsemenenterprises.com/imperial.htm

Bill Low

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Hey, Matt.

Here's one way to think about it: the entire unit is disordered, under the circumstances you describe, it's just that the circulating rank is not treated that way for those limited purposes.

For example, if the unit subsequently suffers a disorder result in HTH, the unit would test, despite the fact that it just circulated.

Another thing to keep in mind, since the unit is disordered, the non-circulating rank is treated as disordered.

Part of the thinking behind this (perhaps counter-intutive result) is to reflect small unit operations and tactics at a level below that represented by the "unit" on the tabletop.

Hopes that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: