Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AAR Anglo Normans vs Indians

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: AAR Anglo Normans vs Indians

Earlier this week Ed's Anglo Normans meet my "Classic" Indians in a 15mmm game, using the latest deployment rules to be used at Historicon.

This won't be a blow by blow AAR, but instead will just cover the conversation highlights.

"Ok, my unreliable Ally General makes an interpretation roll of a 3, while my unreliable Sub General rolls a 1."

“Up 3! So my longbow hits you at a 2, -1 for shieldwall. That is 24 @ 4 for 72, for how many figures?”
“40.”
“Oh, you take 1 cpf.”

“The Allied elephant rolls an up 2, his javelinmen roll a down 2, and your axmen roll a plus 3.”
“Actually that is a plus 2.”
“They’re D’s? Hutzpah!”

“Sheesh, elephants are disordered by brush. How long have I been playing this game?”

“You know, in twenty years, this is the first time the Medium Cavalry has won a fight. I pit them against Light Infantry or Light Cavalry, where they should win, but something always happens, they get shot up, or roll down, something. But to beat your LI, and then take a HC charge in the teeth and throw it back, that just never happens with these guys.”

“Usually, when I do 150 casualties to a unit, it is destroyed, not pushing me back!”

“Your broke Phil.”
“How so?”
“I did 216 casualties to you, that’s 5cpf.”
“Well you still need 84 more for 2-1 then.”

“OK, we both have 14 fatigue, and we each hit at a 5, +3 for shield less, -2 for shaken, – 2 for disordered, and -1 for tired. I have 20 figures, you have 24, but yours are D’s and mine are C’s. So whoever rolls down is destroyed, and the other guy sits there exhausted. “

“Let’s count them up, I’ll give you my CIC, since he is disordered and in retreat, he’ll break on contact anyway.”

In the end, it was about 1022 -540, Ed’s favor.

Bill Low

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Awesome report! Sounds like a really wild game.

Dan Woyke take note: MC rule!
Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject:

That's a glorious AAR.

Plenty of MC and MCm in the theme this year. Nobades for the win!
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject:

Oh the Unreliable General strikes again
Ewan will remember our game at the Warrior Day in the Berkshires
Good Luck with the roll.
Ed Kollmer
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: MC Advantage

I was trying to get Ed to shoot my MC for 2CPF, thus prompting a charge, and thus bringing the unreliable command out of "Wait." But he didn't bite.
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Is it me?

This AAR got the most response, and it was the easiest to write. The others take about 8 hours when it is all said and done. This took less than one. I'll have to do more in the "quips ans curses"* syyle.

*Trademark pending...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: