Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Future Themes at Historicon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Future Themes at Historicon

Six years ago, I mapped out a grandiose Five Year Plan for themes at Hcon. The Byzantines was the last theme of that plan.

While at Hcon, I informally talked about future themes with a variety of folks. I even went so far as to dredge up what we did theme-wise prior to 2004.

With that in mind, here's a *very* tentative Theme schedule:

2012: The Hoplites
2013: The New World
2014: The 100 Years War

We did a Hoplite theme once in 2004 and I know people have various permutations of lead from that period that desperately need some playing time. My preliminary work indicates this will be a Theme very limited in the number of armies: we're not going enemies of enemies and such. More as we work on the concept.

A New World theme has always been a siren song of sorts. I've never pushed one since I was never certain how much lead was out there. But doing an informal census at Hcon, there's a ton of lead out there now. At least a dozen armies in 25mm. To mitigate the narrowness of this, we'd also toss in Medieval Spanish. We might even allow something like Ed Bernhart's Polynesian list although I don't of anybody who has lead painted for it. The idea is if we sorta announce this now, anybody interested has a couple of years to put together the lead. I know I look forward to Cortez leading his Tlaxcallan Allies against all enemies!

Finally, 100 Years War is a tentative designation. "High Medieval" has been our typical approach (we ran that back in 2006) but I'd like to do something a bit more targeted, perhaps between 1200-1350 AD. I need to think about this a bit more and am definitely open for suggestions. Regardless, it's time we trotted out the usual collection of European knightlyness for a day on the table.

scott

ELB
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Possibly include Polynesians! Well if you do I'll paint up an army in 15mm. Very Happy
Of course it will be the first and last time I every play the freakin' army.

Ed
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Shouldn't be too hard.

Couldn't you just do a beige highlight on your Ancient Numbedian army and claim they are Polynesian?
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject:

Well, Scott , you said you were open to suggestions. I realize you probably didn't want suggests from me Laughing.
With this New World theme. What if I came up with a Iroquois Confederacy army list. I realize that I could probably never win with it. But that never stopped me. My hero is the Black Knight in the Monty Python movie.
Ed B. I REALLY want to see those Polynesians. Please build them.

THanks Scott for giving my Nike Byzantine new life.
Matt K did well with them. Better than ever I would have. And we did have a camp for them, but it didn't live up to Matt's standards. I have sent away for some more suitable camp type stuff.

Ed the Kollmer

ps Due to my advanced age, the 2004 Hoplite theme Tee Shirt I have, is REALLY THE 1994 Hoplite Theme Tee Shirt. Thank you for putting up with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: