Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

East Gaul on the Frontier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: East Gaul on the Frontier

East Gaul on the Frontier:

Livius had been receiving reports from merchants and messengers all along his route to Gaul about how extensive the revolt was in Gaul. He finally stopped his march around the Sequani town of Magetobriga. He sent messengers to Marcellus to meet him there.
As his men build their camp, an urgent report arrived that Maeve(MattKollmer) knew of the Roman presence and was massing her forces to meet him. He prayed that Marcellus(MattWebster) would arrive soon and unhindered. His force was not strong enough to defeat Maeve.
4El Legio HI,RegC,HTW,sh
4El Legio HI,RegC,HTW,sh
4El Legio HI,RegC,HTW,sh
4El Aux RegC,LHI,HTW,sh
4El Aux RegC,LHI,HTW,sh
4El Aux RegC,LHI, B, 1/2sh
2El Boltshooter
2El Cataphrates RegB, L,sh
6El Rhaetians ½ LHI, HTW,sh
1 6El Palisades
1 Palisades camp
1009 pts

A day passed as more reports flowed in and they were not encouraging. Maeve was near and as large storm was gaining strength.
Late in the afternoon, the guard horn sounded. He lifted his head and smiled.
Marcellus has arrived.
He moved quickly to the tent opening. As he pulled aside, he saw Marcellus galloping up to his tent. He walked out, as Marcellus slide from his large stallion.
Smiling broadly, the two grasped each others shoulder.
“It has been too long my friend.” Exclaimed Livius
“It was not my wish, friend.” Answered Marcellus.
“Yes! There is always duty.”
“Come in. We have much to discuss. Any troubles on the march?”
“No, but once we crossed the Alps the Gallic villages we passed were not that friendly.”
As they passed into the tent, Marcellus looked at the maps on the table.
“How does it look?” pointing to the map.
“Maeve is close. We have seen some of her scouts. Her camp is just beyond rough. We haven’t been able to get a good estimate of her strength. But I know she will pick a field with rough to give her warbands good ground to face us. We must try to get as much open for our Cohorts. I bought as many LHI as I could to counter that. Luckily, my Rhaetians were eager to come. They seem to have little love for the Gauls. I see you brought some Cavalry, thank god.”
6El Legio HI,RegB,HTW,sh
6El Legio HI,RegC,HTW,sh
6El Legio HI,RegC,HTW,sh
6El Legio HI,RegC,HTW,sh
5El Noble Gallic HC, IregB, Jls,sh
4El Spanish LC, IregC, Jls,sh
1009pts

Soon they were lost in details of the coming battle and night came.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: