Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battle of Portlandia (Huzzah)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Battle of Portlandia (Huzzah)

Trojans(Ed Kollmer) v New Kingdom Egyptians( Bill Low)

Troy:

Priam’s Palace:
Priam looks out over the balcony to the setting sun. The red rays fill the city below with a hazy aura that transformed the busy city into a surreal setting.
“You summoned me, father?”
Priam turned smoothly and beheld his eldest son, Hector.
“Yes!” He spoke softly.
“It seems that we have an opportunity. Ambassadors from Portlandia have arrived.” He continued.
Turning slowly, he takes his son’s arm and leisurely the two stroll into the palace room.
“It seems that with the coming spring. Nations are on the move.
Last year, Portlandia was spared from the ravages of Lilrobles’ Thessalians and Vel Hathisna’s Etruscans by the heroic stand of Leonidas’ Spartans.
This year, the Egyptian Pharaoh is hoping to extend his sphere of influence and profit from the trade of Portlandia. “
Priam turns his head to his son and looks into his eyes.
“Therefore, they look to Troy to fend out the Egyptians.”
“One cannot refuse such a request. The army is ready. I would have liked more time to prepare, but we are ready.
Tell the ambassadors that we sail within the week.”
Priam smiles at his son.
“I already have.”
Hector looks into his father’s eyes and smiles.
“My the gods bless your passage and mission.”
“I have little time now.” Hector quipped lively as he moves away.
“Excuse me, father! I must see my wife and son and prepare them for my departure.”
Rotating his body toward his father.
“ I need to contact Aeneas and Polydoras ….”
Smiling, Priam replies.
“I have sent word to them. They are mobilizing the army and making preparations.”
“Should I be afraid that they will leave without me?” He jokes jovially
Hector bows and bids his father farewell.
Priam moves back to the balcony and again looks into the now twilight evening.
“Come back to me safe, my brave son.” He voices softly.

Portlandia

Hector’s chariots race up the slight rise which overlooks the Stroudwater plain near the city of Portlandia. The day was clear with a slight cool breeze. He watches as the long column of Trojans moves from the camp.
THE LIST:
Hector(Ed Kollmer) LCh LTS,B,PA + 2 IrgB LCh,LTS,B
Aeneas LCh, LTS,B, + 2 IrgB, LCh,Lts,B
Polydorus LCh, LTS, B + IrgB ,LCh,Lts,B
4x4El Western Warriors, IrgB, ½ LHI, 1HCW, Jls, sh/LMI, Jls,sh
4x8El Spearmen, RegC, MI, Lts, Sh
1x 6El Pylians, RegC, LMI, Jls, sh
1x6El Javelinmen, LI, IrgC, Jls,sh
3x6El Archers, LI, IrgC, B

He strains his gaze to catch the approaching Egyptians. His scouts report that they arrived the day before and made camp on this side of the river. Suddenly he notices is driver jump from his chariot and pick up something from the ground. He lifts it to Hector. It is a medallion.
“What does it say, sir”
“It is Greek. Probably lost by one of Leonidas’ Spartans from last year.”
“Keep it. It is your first trophy.” He says smiling.
The driver pushes it into his pouch.
“Thank you, sir”
Their attention is diverted to an approaching chariot.
“What say you, Hector? “ Laughs Polydorus.
“We will go with the plans we discussed last night. Where is Aeneas?”
“As he voiced last night. He is not happy with the plan. However, he will obey and fight. “(rolled cautious but interpretation was ok)
The two move their gaze to the approaching Egyptians.

Menkheperre Nebmaatre(Bill Low), Pharaoh of Upper and Lower Egypt,
had his charioteer slowly maneuver toward the plain.
“Reports were true. Portlandia has called on Troy for help.” He murmurs .
“It is of no consequence, Exulted One. We will crush them.” Replies Meamha from the adjacent chariot.
“That must be Hector on the rise, Priam would send no one else. Nevertheless, send word to Hoptena to deploy to the right and Seti to the left. “

Soon three Egyptian LMI Archers units move to each flank. One of the units on each flank are the Dreaded Nubians. Two LI units race ahead of the army. Soon the three divisions, backbone of the Egyptian army, materialize from the haze. The Amun division moves to center right, Osiris division center, and Nu division center left. The heavier infantry move to the front ranks, axes in hand and darts hanging from their belts. Veterans all. Confident in their fighting ability. Victory is written on their axe blades.

Hector and Polydorus view the Egyptian deployment.
“So let it begin, Polydorus.”
Polydorus nods and races down the rise, gesturing to approaching units. Two LI units sprint off to the left flank and one to the right. The three blocks of Spear move to the center, interspersed with units of Western Warriors. One unit of LMI Pylians move to the center of the line between two of the blocks.

Hector trots down the rise toward the center. Polydorus moves more to the right. Hector looks to the right and sees Aeneas riding to the left. He knows that Aeneas would have liked to have met the Egyptians closer to the river. He was surprised how adamant he was. He also felt this plain is cursed. In spite of this, he order is ATTACK. Push the Egyptian back to their camp as so much refuse.

Without pausing, the Trojans came on. Spears lowered and shields locked; they moved forward to the cadence of their officers . However, the Western Warriors on the right were the first to attack. The Nubians flooded the sky with arrows. The Westerners responded by attacking. The Nubians recoiled.
Soon the cries of charging Trojans could be heard along the battleline. The Spear block plowed into the Nu Division who clouded the sky with darts. The center Spear block met the charging Osiris axmen. The clash of the tower shields of the Trojans caught the Egyptian divisions; disordering them and recoiling them.(Trojan up roll). Trojan officers along the line can taste victory.
The Pylians LMI, who have held back between the Spear blocks, look to Hector’s chariot with eager stares. He turns to them and waves his spear forward. As a cat leaps to the foe the Pylians respond.

Rapidly, the third Spear block, sensing victory, clashes with the Amum Division. However, Egyptian officers stiffen their axmen for the charge and they hold. Locked in combat.

Hector noticing that the Egyptian, Hoptena, is moving around his right flank and threatening the Western Warriors. He looks to the center and seeing success; decides to move right and confront Hoptena.

Polydorus seeing Hector flank right, moves right himself to cover Hector and support the Western Warriors.

Nebmaatre shocked by the disorder of his solid divisions moves forward and aggressively exhorted his divisions. Officers in the ranks rallies his men. Nu division rallies and recoiled the jubilant Trojans. (Egyptians roll up 3 and Trojans roll down).
Orisis Division unfortunately met the forceful push of Trojans and shook.

Aeneas, still smarting from the former evening plans, carried out the orders with his usual effectiveness. The orders were clear: Skirmish and stall. His LI and his unit of Western Warriors managed to hold the line. Seti even came in and tried to shake the LHI, Western Warriors, but failed.

The sun sailed across the sea of blue sky as victory appeared on Trojan spears. Yet the laurels of victory slowly slipped from the Trojan hands. Nu division, swinging axes, grudgingly rallied and continued to push the Trojans back. The eager Pylians came rushing in to share in the glory of the shaken Osiris Division; only to find themselves charged by Egyptian Chariots. Surprised and stunned by the charge, the Pylians shook and routed as the Egyptians chariots sliced into them. The center spear block perceiving Egyptian chariots behind them and the route of the Pylians shook.

Seti rallying his chariots once more charged in against the Western Warriors. This time they were successful. The Westerners shake.

In the interim, Hector successfully drives off Hoptena and Polydorus holds the Egyptian LMI and covers the Western Warriors on the right flank. Hector only halts when his attention is drawn to Polydorus, who is motioning to the center. Exaltation turns to dismay as he observes the Pylians retreating and the spear blocks bulging. Immediately, he sends messengers to disengage and retire while there is still time.

The watch fires of the Trojan camp outside the walls of Portlandia silhouette the figure of Hector as Aeneas draws near silently.
“I apologize for my stubbornness.” Lowering his head.
“ Could I have done more, my dear friend?”
“No ill thoughts between us, my friend!” Comforts Hector
“Maybe I should have listened to my commanders?”
“What of the Egyptians?”
“They have been hurt. We might not have won the field but Portlandia has what it wanted. The Egyptians will move out.
Neither the Egyptians nor we have won. They defeated us, but not achieved their goal.”
“It will be good to return to Troy.” Replied Aeneas happily.
“We might not be returning to a happy Troy, my friend. I just received a message from my father. It seems that he is obtaining reports of forces in motion. One about a Gallic people moving through Thrace, and another about a city in far Italia, named Rome.”
“But not tonight, tomorrow, as you say we travel home to our loving wives.” Hector declared happily.
They turn slowly in the flicking light of the fires and disappear into the camp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Battle Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: