Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roman Infantry Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:36 am    Post subject: Roman Infantry Rules

Do these rules still apply to Triarii, Princeps,Hasti, and Leves/Velites? Just curious?

Kelly
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Roman Infantry Rules Redux

Perhaps, I need to ask my question from a different angle. Could it be that Camillan and Polybian Romans don't get Roman Infantry Rules any longer to enhance a more historical battle resolution verses their historical foes? As a person playing Carthaginians, I worried that the Legionairies would tear my Itallian Vets a new one every battle. And considering that Camillan/Poybian Romans are now little better than Imitation Legionarii, now my Carthaginians and their Hellenistic friends will fare better. I'm just curious if that is why Camillans and Polybians have lost their Roman Infantry Benefits. It certainly makes every Spanish Scutarii/Celt Iberian force happy that the Romans can't counter charge their Impetuous charge. Making them the most feared infantry for the period in the classical period, at least in our game system.

The thing is, I lovingly painted up my Camillans based on the knowledge that they got Roman Infantry rules. It's the only list where one can have a fairly large amount of legionaires without breaking the points bank (and besides, they are glorious on the table!) I spent tons of hours painting that army as you can imagine there are a crap ton of figures and think of all the little big men shield transfers! The Army is glorious and it won best camp back in 2010! I just am disappointed and was wondering what is your historical or game balancing reasoning behind this change. The army is certainly not one that is winning tournaments, so I know that can't be part of the equation... Just kind of interested in knowing your designer reasoning on this.

KW
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Polybians

Okay, after gleening through the errata a bit more, I see that the Polybians are fine, but I'm still unclear regarding who can use those rules. Can the Velites use them? Can the Triarii, Hastati, Princeps, use them? The rules referes to legionaires... Please straighten this out for me...
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject:

For lists 9, 20, 29 and 33 such rules apply to Triarii, Principes, Hastati and Levies/Velites.

The errata for Classical Warrior is a bad copy/paste from Imperial Warrior and still references Imperial Warrior troops types and list numbers. Scott needs to correct that...but the functional rules governing circulating combatants still apply to the lists and troops noted in the preceding paragraphs of the Classical Warrior Roman Infantry Rules.

Frank
Kelly Wilkinson
Dictator
Dictator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Frank

Thanks Very Much for replying!

I agree. I have been struggling with this and just this morning saw that the section including the Camillan Romans has not been changed and they still get the Roman infantry rules. At least that's how I am interpreting it. If I'm wrong, please correct me. I've been agonizing over this for a while and was worried I'd have to build and paint a new army. The good part about this is that I have a renewed interest in trying to make my Romans work. I just recently bought some plastic 28mm Romans and it's been fun assembling and painting them. Thanks,

Kelly
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject:

it's been fun assembling and painting them. Thanks,

You have fun!!
I have personally never assembled plastic figs but I know guys who have and FUN was not the word they used.
Maybe you could make a business out of it.
Charge to assemble other guys figs.
Ed the Unassembled
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: