Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can a unit Halted by Prep Shooting Recoil?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jemjam
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Can a unit Halted by Prep Shooting Recoil?

A couple of nostalgic Australian Warrior players are slowly getting back into the game after a long time away. Here's a question that came up in our game last Sunday.

My unit of Reg A LMI got shot up badly in Prep Shooting and after receiving a lot more than 3CPF, obviously had to "Halt until the end of next bound".

My opponent then charged and my unit copped a caning in HTH - ie more HTH casualties and at least 1 CPF. Fated to "Recoil or Break Off", I chose to recoil.

My opponent pointed out that since I was supposed to be Halted, the act of Recoiling meant I could not "execute the listed reaction" because I moved when I shouldn't. Therefore the unit had to take a waver test, under the terms of the 2nd dot point on page 92 (unit unavoidably prevented from taking Prep Shooting response).

I took the test and passed (god bless those Reg A). But re-reading Section 11, I am confused.

Dot point 4 under Table 11.1 Shooting Reaction says a body that chooses to halt "CANNOT perform any voluntary movement". It then lists various forms of voluntary movement. That list does not include any Combat Results moves. So would the recoil after HTH have forced my unit to take a waver test because it didn't Halt? Does being Halted by prep shooting prevent Combat Results moves?
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Halted by Prep Fire

In this situation, your movement was not voluntary, therefore no waver check.
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Halted by Prep Fire

Historian wrote:
In this situation, your movement was not voluntary, therefore no waver check.

This is correct. A recoil is not voluntary. Only voluntary moves are prohibited, and in fact you cannot make them...there is no choice to waver test later while halted in order to move.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: