Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tepanecs? Or something else?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> List Lore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 'buster' unit

Frank Gilson wrote:

A 'buster' unit could be something like 9E MI LTS,Sh with barbarian rules, or a Dark Ages shield wall, some medieval LTS or 2HCT with pavise. Here sling means that your counter back in skirmish still leaves you in charge range of the 160p lancers, whlie having to shoot at the 'buster' unit which can absorb the fire (along with nearby skirmishing lights).

This is exactly what my E Byz Kavallaroi/Skut pod does so well.

scott

lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: meso busters

I love Macedonians for this - they may have been overtaken by Byzantines and others - but there is no fight I fear
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: 2HCT,S,Sh

I also have to disagree, as my final point, with Bill's choice of 2HCT,S,Sh as armament for two of his regular units.

Because these could be 2HCT,JLS,Sh (and fight with the +, a special rule for these multiply armed guys, just like the Otomi).

I would have one LTS,S,Sh unit and one 2HCT,JLS,Sh unit. The latter is a 'cleanup' unit to add in to ongoing combats.

It can also, using javelins, fight in the woods (unlike 2HCT,S,Sh) if necessary.

If disordered, the JLS in the rear rank keeps half that rank fighting (unlike solely armed with 2HCT).

Finally, the JLS + leads to much more favorable combat math in many circumstances.

Frank
derekcus
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: New World

"When making up lists these days, I try to include a 'Meso Buster' unit when I can, along with some lancer." Gilson

I hate these armies and usually try to take an army to the NICT built to beat them. They and Japanese are two of the toughest cookies to crack.

But what do I know. First round of the NICT I get killed by a wall of LTS/B troops.

Derek Sad
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New World

derekcus wrote:
"When making up lists these days, I try to include a 'Meso Buster' unit when I can, along with some lancer." Gilson

I hate these armies and usually try to take an army to the NICT built to beat them. They and Japanese are two of the toughest cookies to crack.

But what do I know. First round of the NICT I get killed by a wall of LTS/B troops.

Derek Sad

Those were my MI LTS,B guys...helps that they fight two full ranks against your infantry when charging/countercharging.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> List Lore All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: