Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fall In 2015 Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Fall In 2015 Events

Players must check in 30 minutes prior to listed start time.

One list. Generals must be rolled. Preset terrain.

Special Rules:
-Barbarian Foot Rules in effect.

-X-Rules 2.512, 5.11, 6.2, 11.1 and 17.1 in use.

-Biblical and Dark Age Warrior lists must come from the new lists.

-New World Beta lists allowed:
http://www.fourhorsemenenterprises.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17275

-African Warrior lists allowed:
http://www.fourhorsemenenterprises.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17284

-Armies with Army Standard and an option for a Sacred Standard may upgrade to the latter for free.

-General character of 5 can be Bold or reroll on Special General’s table (CinC can choose to roll regardless): 1 Bleeder. General has a physical defect that makes him more prone to a catastrophe. In Hand to Hand, if the Bleeder's unit takes 2 CPF or more, and makes a unmodified melee roll of -2, -3, or -4, forces a catastrophe. In preparatory shooting, if the Bleeder's unit is takes 2 CPF and the missile fire die roll is +2 or higher, forces a catastrophe. 2 Inattentive. General is sick or wounded. General gets only 10 prompt points a turn. 3 Efficient General gets 20 prompt points. 4 Brave, General’s unit always adds an additional +1 in melee (So a down 3 roll for a Regular B General is even). 5 Inspirational. Unit with general is never uneasy. If the General is the CIC then all units within 120 paces are never uneasy. 6 Great. General is Efficient, Brave, and Inspirational.

Deployment Rules:

http://www.fourhorsemenenterprises.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17378
with the following modifications:
When placing commands, players first dice before each command placement pairing (one command each) to determine who places the appropriate command first.
Side 1 has more but not double scouting of Side 2. Side 1's command placement die rolls are +1
Side 1 has double but not triple scouting. Side 1's command placement die rolls are +2
Side 1 has triple more more scouting. Side 1's command placement die rolls are +3.

8’ x 5’ tables for 25mm Theme/Open, 6’ x 4’ tables for 15mm Theme/Open; 4’ x 4’ for 15mm Mini. 2.5 hr rounds for Mini, 3.5 hr rounds for rest. 15mm event is problematic. Please check with me (Scott Holder) in advance, otherwise, count on playing 25mm. Bill Low usually brings loaners.

GM: Scott McDonald

Friday:
Mini Open
Noon-9:30pm
1200 pt army
Round 1: Noon, Round 2: 3:30pm, Round 3: 7pm

Saturday:
Open
9am-10pm
1600 pt army
Round 1: 9am, Round 2: 1:30pm, Round 3: 6:30pm

lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Anyone looking for a roommate at Fall In?

let me know at robertturnbull@michelman.com
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

Let you know what?
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:42 am    Post subject: Let me know if looking for roommate

Scott
I thought the topic was covered by the heading - I am looking for someone who wants to share a room at Fall In
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Fall In Ride

I have a request for any of the Fall In Attendees. I will be without a car this time out and am asking for a ride to my hotel on the evening of the 6th and back to the Host on the Morning of the 7th. My room is with the Knights Inn, about a mile up Route 30. Thanks.
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Ride at Fall in

If actually make it - you have one with me - ned to still book a hotel - but planning on going - just a crazy week
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: I am also at the Knights inn

so it should be easy
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Fall in

First event over - 6 players lots of fun - good to be playing again- guess the carthos won again
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Good Time

Good time had by all. Several people brought new armies. Tom Barkus brought his new Seleucids, Robert Turnbull built a new Africian list, new in both content and figures. Mark Cribbs had a new army, but I am not sure what it was. I brought my ---relatively--- new(ish) Later Polish. Lots of good mix-ups.

Jim Bisagnani had Early Germans, and we fought a battle where almost all of his warbands got into a fight. One fight went on for over 6 bounds, while the game ran 10 bounds at least. My fight with Mark Cribb's Dacians had a similar feel, where all but one unit of his saw combat.

All in all, you can't say we didn't fight. I didn't hear of any 1-1's and the only 2-2 I heard of was a 3-2 that had a penalty of 5 points for a list overage. (a 402 - 380 became a 397 - 380)

Last edited by Historian on Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Artillery Change

One surprise for all present was the change in the artillery charts. In the Black Book, Artillery receives missile fire on the LI table, not the Elephant table as previous.
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Fall In - AAR

So first some observations on the gaming area, lots of ancients gamers - both skirmish DBM and a new Coer .... (cannot remember) - prbably 50 players in tota; or more.
For Warrior we had six entrants in each event - Day one
WE had mYself with Carthaginians - what a blast to play as usual
Tom with Seluicid, WE had Sassanid - well played, Huns, again gorgeous and well handled, Polish and whatever Scot was running.
I got Sluicid fisrst - and Pike etc does not enjoy playing 5 units of lmi Irra/C HTW, JLs, sh and 4 times as many elephants - 5- 2
the Huns - who took my bait and charged my African spearmen left out as bait - when the smoke cleared I had his rmy in retreat (killed all his heavy cav - with some shaken lights and I had a Unit of Elephents shaken and had lost eh spear and some LC - 5-2 and the tournament as I was 4 points ahead at that stage and we were all tired.
Day two and a different cast with Dacian, Early German, Polish, Sassanid, my =self and Elephants, camels and Cataphracts in an army I have not seen recently.
Firrst round I got Early germans with my Kanem Borno and had a fairly quick game as my cavalry and handgunners blew away the Loose foot and my spear more by luck than good generalship beat the close order foot.
5:1 I think
Second Round - I got Sassanid and Mike, who out deployed me and collapsed both my flanks - while I frantically redeplyed and chased his center- my left flank eventually held out - I caught his center and routed it and after passing two counters with Irr C mounted routed most of his right wing - 5:2 to me
Finally I got teh polish and a stunning army - but for the first time having more scouting (70) got me a huge advantage as I got a lone HC cb unit deployed ahead of his knights with a LC unit widely seperated that was also to hold me up and centrally artillery (just a bit too close) and a right wing cavalry deployment
I roued teh mounted crossbow holding up his kniths for a couple of turns used overwhelming numbers to tak eout hid lithuanians on the left flank - EHC, 3 units of LC and 2 units of foot while I pressed in the cenyer taking out teh bombard turn 2 and then keeping going.
The final nail in his coffin was my routing a unit of light cav through his 12 man SHK unit - routing it as well. Probably my best played game of the weekend - and no luck for my oponent (the rout was taken by a cav vs cav fight which I entered +1 and won - but there was little downside for me as noone would have seen my route and he had nowhere to go.
5:1 and the tournament - but good folks and a lot of fun, sorry more of us could not make it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: