Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roman Civil Wars Theme at Historicon 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Roman Civil Wars Theme at Historicon 2016

The Roman Civil War Theme, armies and various tweaks can be found in the attachment. It's dated 2 Oct 2015. If we make changes, and we might, I'll update the attachment with a new date.

Read through it carefully as we've tweaked quite a few things on the lists. In all probability, these "things" will carry over into a formal Imperial Warrior update.

The weighting is listed in the title of each list. That could also change.

Also too, look at what we did to the LIR Scythed Chariot. We'd love for people to playtest this.

Now for the meta plea: play games with these lists and report back. We're not looking for people to discover we've mis-weighted stuff AND NOT SAY ANYTHING...like this year in the Alex theme. Shocked Mad

The idea is for people to be able to dust off their Imperial Romans and have an expectation of a) having fun with them and b) doing well with them. As Robert said in another thread, the point here isn't for people to show up with 150 scouting points and 300 lancers. If we have to do something else, either weighting or something more artificially draconian, we'll do that. Assuming people are forthcoming.

To be honest, there's probably only so much we can do regarding weighting. I've learned that everybody is horribly risk adverse and any army with a -10% weighting effectively eliminates it from consideration.

One thing I'll do onsite: clutter the crap outta the tables. Twisted Evil
You've been warned.

Depending on how it works at Fall In 2015 and Cold Wars 2016, the added die rolling twist to deployment could be used. Or a tweaked version if that's what the feedback indicates is needed.

The new addition to X Rule 17.1, Camel Point Costs, will most definitely be used but bear in mind those values have *not* been included in the attached lists.

I'll be running LIR, not sure [W] or [E] but I'm definitely making sure Julian the Apostate is CinC!

I can probably loan out Marians but would need plenty of advance notice and a list to see if I have the lead mix.

scott

Last edited by scott holder on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
jamiepwhite
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Some LIR comments

1. The line allowing 1 element of RC HC or LC to be upgraded to RA per general, that would be cleaner to make it a simple 0-2 or 0-4. Plus, you may as well make it LC only to reflect the concept that the speculatores (I likely have the latin word wrong) or imperial scouts are grouped together in a unit. I do like the way this list is grouping the cavalry morale upgrades, this is easier to understand.
2. HI/LHI upgrades as written allow for MI HTW JLS D Sh legio and LHI JLS D Sh, the earlier list didn't allow for that.
3. 0-16 elements of RB LI JLS D Sh are possible, I'm happy for the generous allotment of easy to use LI.
4. The Armenian cataphracts are now pick whichever historical interpretation you like? I might have gone ahead with the EHC L 1/2 B Sh version only for LIR, but I can understand letting each person pick their own to match the figs they might have on hand.
Arcrave
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:34 am    Post subject: historicon 2016 tournaments

Will there be a seperate tournament on the 14th of July and, if so, what would be roughly the points needed?
scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

Technically there will be a 1200pt Mini in 15mm but for the last 3-ish years, we've not had enough players.

If people contact me in advance, I'll have a better idea. Still can't guarantee anything.

scott

ghauser90
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject:

Hey Scott what attachments are the Roman Lists on
ghauser90
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:31 am    Post subject:

found it
scott holder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject:

If you are running a Spartacan list, please note:

The line that says:

"Ex-gladiators of the same order may fight in mixed units with each other, as can ex-slaves" means:

"Ex-gladiators of the same order may fight in mixed units with each other. Ex-slaves of the same order may fight in mixed units with each other."

"Mixed units" refers to morale grade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: