Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Barbarian Infantry Lists

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhill4913@comcast.net
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Barbarian Infantry Lists

How does a WARRIOR newbie find the lists outside of the Dark Ages book that allow the use of the Barbarian Infantry rules?

Are Japanese LMI Ashigaru considered "barbarians"?
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Each book will indicate what troop types, on what lists, if any, get barbarian rules. In cases where the book is currently in PDF form this is easy enough. In other cases, look at the published list errata to see if anything has been included.

I can tell you that no troops in Oriental Warrior get barbarian rules. Scott Holder and I actually had a brief discussion about this at Historicon this past July, and I am in complete agreement with his take (not that it would matter if I wasn't Laughing ). Among his point: the warfare of massed irregular troops evolved in a fundamentally different paradigm in the Orient than it did in the West. Indeed, there are big cultural differences as well as tactical differences that come into play here.

Similarly the Biblical Warrior chariot rules are not applicable to chariots in other books (Dark Ages, Classical, Oriental). In the case of Oriental this makes a lot of sense since the terrain of river valleys and deltas in the Orient is so different from that in the Middle East and Mediterranean. I can't speak to early European chariots in Gaul, Britain, and such; not my area of history.
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Classical and Feudal warrior who-gets-the are:
http://www.fourhorsemenenterprises.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17535

We also intend to update the list books as we are able to...incorporating these.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: