Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhill4913@comcast.net
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Questions?

Baggage Camps consist of 4 Irregular D transport elements and if immobile, they are in loose order. Are these bases loose order foot or mounted? Can they be configured in the same way any unit can, ie. 2X2 or 1X4? Can they be on a single base of the same size?

Also, do all commands start with a set of written tactical orders or must they be prompted at the beginning of the game?

Thanks,
Jim Hill
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Orders for each command are written down after figures have been set up, but before the start of the first bound, and considered to be issued to those commands at the start of the first bound. Depending on the character of the general leading a command, those orders may be subject to interpretation. This is all laid out in the sequence of play.

Baggage camps are typically displayed as a single base of 2x2 size, though you see 1x4 (again on a single base) now and again. You could of course do four individual transport elements, but generally people don't.

At the big gaming conventions there's definitely an emphasis on pageantry when it comes to baggage camps, and I think this has been a smart decision. Even those of us who are fairly mediocre painters can manage to put together a visually appealing baggage camp, and it really does elevate the appearance of the entire field of battle.
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject:

I am glad MarkS has laid out the camp. He has given a good description of the camp.
"At the big gaming conventions there's definitely an emphasis on pageantry when it comes to baggage camps, and I think this has been a smart decision."

However, he has brought out an important aspect of some players. Don't forget they give a prize for best camp. My camps are actually bigger than necessary. This is not a good idea, since as someone once said. "It's easier for your enemy to get to it."

Some are excellent makers. I, unfortunately, am not one of them.
EK
jhill4913@comcast.net
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

So typically, a baggage camp is mounted on a 120 X 80 base and it doesn't matter which edge is on the back line of the battlefield?
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

jhill4913@comcast.net wrote:
So typically, a baggage camp is mounted on a 120 X 80 base and it doesn't matter which edge is on the back line of the battlefield?

Correct.
scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Am I missing something here about the overall dimensions of the baggage camp? The rules clearly state that they consist of 4 transport elements and that each of those elements should be 60x60 (in 25mm). The ** section on page 13 that refers to 80mm "depth" is referring to a single element size, meaning 60x80.

The whole loose/close issue doesn't pertain to element size in this situation.

So, if you're making new camps, use 4 60x60 bases as your dimensions and distribute them in any manner that leaves them in contact with each other.

I have a generic camp on 4 such bases (2 have tents on them, 2 have boxes/crates) if I need something last minute.

Many of us have oversize camps for any variety of artistic reasons.

scott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: