Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EdCon VII

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Woyke
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: EdCon VII

EdCon VII

Yesterday, We had an Epic battle event in the Mason Library Basement in MA. (EdCon VII)
We did a 3200 point battle (3 players per side): Granadine with Moorish Allies vs Aragonese Spanish.
(People with NO wine vs People with the Wine).

The Aragonese Spanish were played by Bill Low, Matt Kollmer and Ed “the rash” Kollmer, facing them with the Granadine/Moorish was the team of Matt Webster, Dan Woyke and the NICT CHAMPION Todd Kaeser.

The Lists were built by Bill and Dan.

The board: We tried simulate the dry south of Spain. (left to right) (see pictures in the photo area) We had 3 brush on the left area, center was four gentle hills and the right was a small river with a brush.

The Left side of the board for us : Anchored by the Moorish Allies (Matt Webster) with a Granadine sub in small command (3 Knight Units) in support, facing them was a heavier Spanish Knight/ LC front (Bill Low). The Middle for the Granadine (NICT CHAMPION Todd Kaeser) was a mixed command of the C&C + a few knights, Almoogs, LHI CB and MI B for support with a small LI screen. Facing him was (Ed the Rash) with larger part of the Spanish Foot forces, which were few large blocks of (HI LTS,SH with 3rd Rank of B), Almoogs and Knights, with a LI screen, Right side (Dan Woyke) for the Granadine had two LC units with some LHI CB and a few Almoogs units with one MI B unit and three Knights in support. The Spanish had opposite (Matt Kollmer) 2 big blocks a Spanish foot, two Almoogs, some LI on the flank near the river bridge and a few knights in the back.

I will post Photo’s for people to look at, and Todd, Matt, Matt, Ed and Bill can comment.

The game went (I think) 6 bounds (lots of Action)...more to come...you can see the photos in the Album area.
Ed Kollmer
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject:

Thanks Dan!
Really appreciate the write up. I put in an AAR in the REPORTS section but yours is much more technical......
EK
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

So happy to make my first Ed Con! Seeing over 3000 points on both sides is something to behold. It was a nice, friendly game as well with lots of donuts and coffee.

Our side was lucky enough to go 2nd in the first 4 bounds and that helped get the matchups needed. Moogs on our side were able to get to the spear blocks and our knights were able to find the Moogs on their side. I forgot how hard Moogs can hit vs foot - they were once the darling of the Warrior world and I see why. Granadine is certainly a list to be looked at as a vehicle to get Moogs and decent knights and light troops on the table.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: