Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Future Historicon Themes 2017-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcrave
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject:

scott holder wrote:
That's right, no Sassanids. Why? They can't field 8 elephants.

Boo effing hoo. Rolling Eyes

scott

I might be reading the list wrong, but sassanids can have their CinC be an elephant, kushan ally-genral can be an elephant, and they can get 6 mor3 elephants. Wouldn't this allow for them to be used?
scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

They will not be in the Elephant theme.
Matt Kollmer
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

What about Dark Ages (Normans/Vikings type thing)and/or “Divine Wind” samurai and enemies? Thinking aloud ..... maybe kissing your sister a bit, but with Chinese and Korean armies may work
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Matt Kollmer wrote:
What about Dark Ages (Normans/Vikings type thing)and/or “Divine Wind” samurai and enemies? Thinking aloud ..... maybe kissing your sister a bit, but with Chinese and Korean armies may work

Divine Wind would run into a SHC problem...as such would be the awesome troops.
Matt Kollmer
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject:

Couldn’t that be somewhat mitigated by theme rules? Are there many lists with that many SHC available to shift the balance of power?
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Matt Kollmer wrote:
Couldn’t that be somewhat mitigated by theme rules? Are there many lists with that many SHC available to shift the balance of power?

Sure...armies perceived to be advantaged we usually have at 0% bonus, those at a disadvantage get a +%...but Japanese are awesome against not-SHC..so this is tricky.
jamiepwhite
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Frozen lake terrain contest

Scott elsewhere suggested that for the Teutonic themed tournament he was going to introduce a frozen lake terrain type. I was intrigued by this, as having a terrain specialized to appear in only one climate type sounds interesting. But, then I actually had a decent idea. As part of the theme, we could have a terrain piece competition for the frozen lake as part of the theme that day similar to the camp competition. Scott would need to fix the size of the frozen lake terrain and what features it should have, but that should be straight forward. Notionally as an example, the terrain requirements could laid out like this:

1. Size - the frozen lake must be at least 240 paces across the minor diameter and no more than 600 paces across the major diameter. The overall shape is intended to be roughly elliptical.
2. There should be a 60 pace wide shore and safe ice perimeter around frozen lake feature.
3. The interior of the perimeter is treacherous ice subject to collapse if crossed by routers, etc.

Living in Florida, someone with more experience would need to help with should be the perimeter be clear or difficult terrain, would the interior of the frozen lake be clear or difficult, etc.

Thanks,

Jamie
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Frozen Lake

I'd say the interior of a frozen lake would be rough (like a brush, but without the ability for any troops to 'hide')...I've walked and even run on frozen lakes, not easy...but not like a Bog/Marsh or Woods with uneven ground.

As for the shore/perimeter...that really varies. They can be open or rough or very rough, depending on the shoreline prior to snow/freezing/ice and the amount of snowfall and nature of the ice interaction with the shore...so, really up to the tournament organizer.

Frank
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Elephant theme and Dark ages at cold wars in teams

Good Afternoon all - wondered if we had any timeline on weighting for Elephant theme and armies and weighting for the team event -I have plenty of elephants but will need to paint infantry/cavalry so the sooner I can pick an army the better chance that I can run something other than Macedonian
Also for Cold ewars - looking forward to seeing list options and weighting, as again I will probably need to paint some lead
Thanks
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Elephant theme and Dark ages at cold wars in teams

lilroblis wrote:
Good Afternoon all - wondered if we had any timeline on weighting for Elephant theme and armies and weighting for the team event -I have plenty of elephants but will need to paint infantry/cavalry so the sooner I can pick an army the better chance that I can run something other than Macedonian
Also for Cold ewars - looking forward to seeing list options and weighting, as again I will probably need to paint some lead
Thanks

We're working on it...but we also have to consider if we are making any other adjustments than simply weighting as we sometimes do.

It will be at least weeks, but yes, we are sensitive to the needs of folks who need to paint lead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: