Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2018 NICT Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott holder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: 2018 NICT Update

This is a reprint my usual invite email. Since this will be an open event this year, I need your help in getting the message out to folks so please forward this as you see fit.

You are invited to participate in this year's National Individual Championship Tournament (NICT) hosted by NASAMW at Historicon held at Historicon in Lancaster PA. I need several things from you by certain times.

What I need NOW:

1) Whether or not you will be participating.

By 29 June I need:

1) Your army list. PLEASE use one of the attached files for submitting your army list (email me off-forum if you need them). Hopefully one or the other will work. They both work for me. Do *not* send me your list in the body of email text. Put it in the spreadsheet.

The NICT Format:

Army Lists: 25mm, 1600 pts, ONE list, 3.5 hour rounds, 8x5 tables, Pre-set terrain, Deployment Rules as posted in the Warrior Forum. You may exceed 1600 points by the cost of the cheapest element in your list but your opponent gets 5 times that value subtracted from his raw score when determining the basic score under the 5-0 system. Lists must be FHE with correcting errata available from our website (www.fourhorsemenenterprises.com). Biblical Warrior and Dark Age Warrior lists must come from the new, pdf-only versions should you decide to play them. African Warrior draft lists allowed.

Scoring: The standard 5-0 weighted system.

Rules: The BLACK rule book with the latest clarifications (27 Feb 2016) will be in effect.

The Barbarian Foot Rules and Deployment Rules will be in effect.

The following X-Rules will be in effect:

X 2.512 Element Bases: 25mm Elephants must be mounted on 60x80mm bases.

X 2.52 & 2.53: Chariots also permit the mixing of Regulars and Irregulars just as Elephants do.

X 5.11. Eager. Add a new bullet to the section "Bodies are eager while any of the following apply": If the body is entirely Reg B.

X 6.2 Close Order Marching. Steady Reg close order foot may march on march segment 3. Steady Irr loose foot may march on march segment 3 but take a fatigue point for doing so.

X 11.1. Fire Syphoneers/Naptha Bombers. 6th Bullet: Insert ", Fire Syphoneers/Naptha Bombers" after "and/or artillery". At the end add "Fire Syphoneers/Naptha Bombers/Artillery do not take a -1 when firing on bodies in Shieldwall formation."

X 17.1. SHC/SHCm Troop Cost. Subtract 6 points from the final cost of an SHC/SHCm element if general's, subtract 8 points if other. This applies to Reg and Irr elements.

Schedule: Round 1: Thu 12pm. Round 2: Thu 5:00pm. There will be no cut. Everybody then plays three rounds on Saturday, Round 3: 9am, Round 4: 1:30pm, Round 5: 6pm. Award ceremony Saturday night around 10:15pm.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Scott Holder
NASAMW Warrior Umpire

scott holder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

A reminder that I need lists.

Also, while I indicate there will be no cut, we'll be infinitely flexible. I have at least 2 people coming Saturday only and at least 1 playing Thu but not Sat.

Prepared to be flexible and be patient. The important thing is that people who show up get games in.

scott

Mark Stone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject:

scott holder wrote:
The important thing is that people who show up get games in.

By far the most important thing.

In that spirit, I am moving my figures from West Coast to East Coast in small batches. I'm happy to make contributions to the overall "lending library" for those who lack all the figures they need on their own. I'm limited in what I can make available for Historicon, but by all means hit me up if you find yourself in need of Chinese archers or spearmen.

Starting with Fall IN, here's broadly what I can make available:
* Any EHK or SHK level knight army from Holy Warrior
* Many of the same from Feudal Warrior
* Any Chinese army from Shang to Ming
* The core of any Mongol army

Obviously I get first pick. Very Happy Otherwise, I'm happy to make my figures available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: