Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

40mm board spacers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Playing Aids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: 40mm board spacers.

This came up at Historicon. You can buy 40mm and 1 inch "Board Spacers" that are excellent measuring sticks.

I found the manufacturing web site, minimum order 10,000. A bit much.
But someone on Amazon has them $12 for 30 of them

https://www.amazon.com/Male-Female-Brass-Spacer-Stand-Off-Pillar/dp/B00YM3UE1Q?ie=UTF8&SubscriptionId=AKIAJJY2YKHHLJKYIBNA&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00YM3UE1Q&linkCode=xm2&tag=slk03b1-20

scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Phil showed these at the post-tourney get together over at the Hampton. Despite Phil "defecting", we let him hang with us. Confused Razz

It looks like you would need to hack off the threaded bit on one so you'd have an even measuring device. Or it appears you can purchase female spaces. Have one of those per measuring device, the rest male, and you can piece together various lengths.

Went looking for them on ebay and sure enough, you can buy em "direct" from Hong Kong for next to nothing. Free shipping assuming you don't mind waiting 3 weeks or so for them to arrive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Pcs-M3-Male-x-M3-Female-40mm-Screw-Thread-PCB-Stand-off-Spacers-DT-/262461410250?hash=item3d1beb4bca:g:gm4AAOSwie5XTM5r

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M3-x-40mm-Female-Female-Thread-Brass-Hex-Standoff-PCB-Pillar-Spacer-10pcs-/231621870713?hash=item35edbd4479:g:-lYAAOSwJQdXAQuh

This is really cool. I think I'll order some for Warrior and DBA.

scott

Last edited by scott holder on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Historian
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

I have seen the 40mm female to female pieces in person, but I haven't found them online for purchase.

I realized I was defecting game systems, but I realize now, with the exception of Walt and Dan, don't know any of those people. Where as Rich just sat down next to me and picked up a conversation we had last year like it was 5 minutes ago.

scott holder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject:

Per my above post and links, I ordered from both. The female-to-female arrived in about a week. I now have a plethora of 40mm spacers...not that I need them specifically since I have other great playing aids that provide 40mm spaces. Still, it was a quick transaction so now I'll wait for the female/male ones to make the different segments.

I have enough for an entire second set and will bring em to Hcon. Somebody plies me with enough (good) booze and I might give em to ya. Smile

scott

Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

let me know as well if anyone wants me to make them for you - just tell me what 2 colors you want and I'll do so - free of charge. You can see my work around as well.

Todd

(update - my bad on understanding what was being asked for). I could make a 40mm by 40mm tool for anyone that wants one. Ask Derek about the measuring tools that are laser cut for accuracy.

Last edited by Todd Kaeser on Thu May 02, 2019 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
scott holder

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

An update on suppliers. This ebay seller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Pcs-M3-Male-x-M3-Female-40mm-Screw-Thread-PCB-Stand-off-Spacers-DT-/262461410250?hash=item3d1beb4bca:g:gm4AAOSwie5XTM5r

Seller name is directimports1899

Has never shipped the spacers. I ordered on 19 May. I waited a month then started pestering them. Replies have ranged from "the weather delayed the mail" to "unavoidable delays".

Given that the cost was $7.40 for two bags of them, I've written this off as the cost of doing business.

OTOH, the other company in my original post got them to me in 11 days. When it was clear the deadbeat company wasn't gonna ship squat, I found out that these guys had two packs of 9 so I ordered them. They shipped within 2 days.

So, you might want to search ebay for alternative suppliers of the female-to-male spacers. These guys at least have a 99% positive feedback rating:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Pcs-M3-Male-x-M3-Female-40mm-Screw-Thread-PCB-Stand-off-Spacers-TS/173027513739?epid=1769053594&hash=item28493e558b:g:01EAAOSwC-taLrMd

scott

Ewan McNay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Huh. Sorry, Scott: I used both your links and both arrived in under a week; I love 'em.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Playing Aids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: