Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Historicon - what chance it will be held

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Historicon - what chance it will be held

Folks we are 8 weeks out - but I see no sign that we can or should be meeting with 5000 other people to game. I went to the Pennsylvania web site - and we would have to move to green on a red orange green scale by then to have any chance - and they are not yet talking about moving to orange at least not for Southeastern PA - has anyone heard from HMGS? If it is cancelled - I would like to propose a remote (Roll 20) tournament - it works (OK) and allows distance fun - you would need to spread it out I think maybe one tournament a weekend - but I think it can be done.
Whatever the outcome - peace and health to all
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Last email I got from HMGS they were undecided. But I agree, the odds seem low for Historicon happening this year.

I'm more than happy to provide IT Support and work with Scott to provide a Roll20 version of Historicon. There are some format details that would have to be worked out, particularly around length of games, but it's all doable.
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject: Historicon 2020

Thanks Mark - having played one game I believe it is possible - but I think there are many for whom the figures themselves are a large (or dominant ) part of the game.
Lets see what people say and do - there is always 2021 or 202. Spending way too much time reading articles both scholarly and otherwise about what people model to come next - none of them show return to "normality" or the nw normality until H2 2021 at best. Cidrap is one that seems based on history and fact - but I am sure there are many others.
scott holder

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:23 pm    Post subject:

I should know more sometime during the coming week.

The issue really isn't whether or not it *should* be held but if it is held, exactly how many people would show up. Based on Cold Wars, I'd say damned few. Plus, how would the Convention Center even attempt to staff this? And if they did and nobody showed up?

Since I'm the Tournament Director for the convention, I'll get word at some point and pass it along. The revised PEL submission is the 13th. I know from the original PEL submission deadline that game submissions were off by 75%. More importantly, vendor presence was also off by that much. If no vendors commit, they'll cancel. That's what will ultimately drive this.

scott

lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject: Historicon 2020

Oh and the fact that PA forbids meetings of more than 50 people in red and yellow counties - this is currently red - would need to get to green by historicon - not likely
Limitations on large gatherings unrelated to occupations should remain in place for the duration of the reopening process.
At this time, the commonwealth continues to follow federal guidance on restrictions on large gatherings. The CDC continues to recommend against larger gatherings of people, particularly gatherings where vulnerable populations may be present. This guidance will stay in place for the duration of the reopening process until there is robust testing, community-wide surveillance, contact tracing, or other means to mitigate the spread of the virus.
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject:

... and, it's cancelled. Just got the email from HMGS. Crying or Very sad
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject: Historicon 2020

Thanks Mark - lets play elephant theme on Roll 20 - as a prep for amybe nationals - and some some fun whatever
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: