Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roll20 Summer Warrior Tournament Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Roll20 Summer Warrior Tournament Results

Thanks everyone for participating in our first virtual Warrior tournament. With 11 participants, I consider this a big success. Roll20 is still a relatively new platform for all of us, so if you have feedback on how we could set things up better on Roll20, or if you have feedback on how to improve the structure and organization of the event, please let me know. 
On to the results:
There were several nominees, but our Sportsman Award goes to Jevon Garrett.
2nd through 6th place finishers were pretty tightly packed, and any small change in the final round could have caused some shuffle in these positions. The clear winner, however, with 3 resounding 5 point wins, was Ewan McNay:

Ewan McNay Romano British 15
Greg Hauser Sultanate of Delhi 13
Clan Markowitz Marian Roman 12.3
Frank Gilson Elamite 12.2
Mark Stone Shang Chinese 12.1
Todd Kaeser Catalan Company 11
Jevon Garrett Later Carthaginian 6.2
Sean Scott Italian Condotta 6.1
Dan Woyke Inca 5.2
Jamie White Tuareg 5.1
Matt Kollmer Timurid 4

As a reminder to Ewan and Jevon, you have each won a one night stay in a standard room at a Hilton hotel. Contact me directly when this sort of travel is a thing once again, and I'll make the arrangements.
Expect virtual Warrior, and organized virtual Warrior events, to be a regular part of our hobby for the foreseeable future. Jevon and I have talked a bit, and one of the virtues of a virtual tabletop is that people are not limited in army choice by the figures they own or can borrow. That opens up events that would otherwise not be practical. 
So details to follow, but expect an African Warrior theme tournament to kick off on Roll20 later this summer.
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject: roll20 tournament

Sounds like fun- gj
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: super fun

It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed participating. Apologies to Greg Hauser whom I was a fidgety opponent!

And all complements to Mark (and his son Alex) for enabling this to be possible and to Mark as our event organizer.

As Mark has said, this is a good way to run Warrior events going forward given in-person events will be fewer an farther between for the near future.

I'd also say that long term, this is still a great way to run events...and also to test out armies before you go through the expense of acquiring/painting figures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: