Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA Standard & Eagerness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben M
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: PA Standard & Eagerness

Hey folks,

So 5.11 states "Their army standard (2.62) is within 240 paces of enemy and advancing (4.52). Standard
and enemy must both be visible to the body. If the last move made by the army standard
was a charge or forward combat results move, this qualifies as an advance for this rule."

My question is what exactly needs to be visible to the body "receiving" eagerness from the standard? Obviously, the general needs to be visible to him, but does he need to see the enemy the general is advancing towards? Or just any enemy body? Thanks.

Ben
jamiepwhite
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject: Army standard answers, but not from Scott

I'm not Scott, Steve, or Frank, but I think I can answer your question. The friendly unit does not need to see the enemy unit nearest the general with the army standard but any enemy unit within 240 paces of the army standard.

This covers those odd situations where the general and army standard could be advancing towards an enemy unit in the woods not visible to your friendly unit but another enemy unit is visible and within 240 of the general and army standard.
scott holder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Heh heh, Jamie is correct in that he's not me, Bill or Frank.

Me, Bill and Frank have spent the last couple of days e-discussing this. Frank came up with this as an agreed upon answer:

"The Army Standard must move toward one or more enemy bodies and end at or inside 240p of them. One or more of those enemy bodies (one of the ones the Standard got closer to and is within 240p), and the Army Standard, must be visible to the friendly body that wishes to be eager. Note that the body to be eager doesn't have to be within 240p of anything...could be max visibility away from standard and/or enemy in question."

This is perhaps more restrictive than some of you have played but it's been the way I've always read the rule and I know it's come up at tourneys before and I've ruled, more or less that way.

scott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: