Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dismounted Chariots & Unease?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleepysloo
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject: Dismounted Chariots & Unease?

Hello again, and a big thanks to Frank for all his help!
Regarding Rule 6.65. (page 65):
Are dismounted (Light 2 Horse) Chariots a cause of unease?
If so I presume this is measured from the rear edge of the dismounted HI element (like camels).
Cheers.
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Dismounted Chariots & Unease?

sleepysloo wrote:
Hello again, and a big thanks to Frank for all his help!
Regarding Rule 6.65. (page 65):
Are dismounted (Light 2 Horse) Chariots a cause of unease?
If so I presume this is measured from the rear edge of the dismounted HI element (like camels).
Cheers.

Dismounted troops are considered to be, while dismounted, what they are, as dismounted troops.

Thus they are no longer chariots, and no longer cause unease.
sleepysloo
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject:

It's clear that the HI are not Chariots and do not cause unease. But the 'mounts' (the Chariots) are still there; the rule states:
"As the mounts are present even if not part of the formation, they will, if camels, disorder other horses under 5.221."
That is why dismounted camels still cause disorder. Why does this not apply to Chariot 'mounts' so as to cause unease?
Thanks again! 🙂
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject:

sleepysloo wrote:
It's clear that the HI are not Chariots and do not cause unease. But the 'mounts' (the Chariots) are still there; the rule states:
"As the mounts are present even if not part of the formation, they will, if camels, disorder other horses under 5.221."
That is why dismounted camels still cause disorder. Why does this not apply to Chariot 'mounts' so as to cause unease?
Thanks again! 🙂

By analogy doesn't quite work...generally speaking Wink.

That is, camels causing disorder to non-camel-proof mounted while being the mounts in the rear rank of a dismounted camelry unit are specified by the rule.

Empty chariots hanging out in the rear of a formerly chariotry unit are not LCh or HCh, and are not specified to cause unease. That is, they are not crewed chariots ready to do what chariots do.
sleepysloo
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Oh well, I HAD to try......🙂
I've found a new wizard wheeze for my Ancient British LCh: Dismounting them as Irr B HI. Only cost double the normal and presumably can be backed up by supporting attached LMI/LI.
But I'm straying away from the Rules topic here into Tactics, so I'll stop. Great, great set of rules. Endless FUN to be had planning Armies, Tactics, Units, Strategy etc. Thanks again, just wish they would take off here in the UK (Where, after all they were born, or at least conceived!).
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject:

sleepysloo wrote:
Oh well, I HAD to try......🙂
I've found a new wizard wheeze for my Ancient British LCh: Dismounting them as Irr B HI. Only cost double the normal and presumably can be backed up by supporting attached LMI/LI.
But I'm straying away from the Rules topic here into Tactics, so I'll stop. Great, great set of rules. Endless FUN to be had planning Armies, Tactics, Units, Strategy etc. Thanks again, just wish they would take off here in the UK (Where, after all they were born, or at least conceived!).

Very glad to hear you are enjoying yourself with Warrior.

Yes...old WRG 7th was our starting point...it's unfortunate the Ancients rules sets are...so many.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: