Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BillCon 2021 - Spring Edition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject: BillCon 2021 - Spring Edition

Good day all. We were able to have an outstanding time at Sir William Low's house on June 12th, 2021. 14 of us were in attendance for the event. Bill went above and beyond as he typically does - great thanks to Bill for everything he does to make this work! You da man Bill!

Results:

1 - Dave Stier - Timurid - 23.9
2 - Dave Markowitz - Kommenen Byzantine - 21.6
3 - Greg Hauser - Late Ottoman Turk - 16.8
4 - Ewan McNay - Sassanid Persian - 16.5
5 - Robert Turnbull - Neo Babylonian - 16
6 - Dan Woyke - Andalusian - 15.5
7 - Bill Low - Massai - 11.5
8 - Ben Markowitz - Nik Byzantine - 11.2
9 - Todd Kaeser - Sultantante of Delhi - 10.2
10 - Matt Kollmer - Timurid - 9.6
11 - Jake Kovel - Hussite - 9.4
12 - Jevon Garrett - Riverine Trading Cities - 5
13 - Christian - Later Teutonic Order - 4.7
14 - Bill Chamis - Japanese - 4.2

Jake brought out the Hussite war wagons and I was transported memory-wise to being a teenager when I first saw them back in 6th edition. So cool to see them on the table again.

Christian (nephew to Bill C???) came and played as a relative newbee. Jevon played with him first round to provide some early guidance and then he played the last two rounds on his own. We'd love to have him come back and game with us again as he was a quick study.

Bill's Massai list was so fun to see on the table and scary with all those Irreg A's on the board. Needless to say I did not fair well vs them personally (and he only rolled up once.....)

Ben Markowitz continues to impress as he's grown by leaps and bounds thanks to playing so much during our pandemic.

A special thanks to Greg Hauser for putting up the prize of a painting a unit to the winner - worth its weight in gold if you ask me!

A great time again! I hope to see more of these in events as the pandemic continues to decline.

Todd K

Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Pics or it didn't happen! Wink
Ben M
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

A ton of fun...as always at my third BillCon...again a huge thanks to sir Bill for all his hard work in setting these up..many many thanks to you! And thanks to Kaeser for his excellent umpiring.

I brought Nikephorian Byzantines..as I enjoy the flexibility of being able to recall/evade from any situation..makes my mistakes not so bad! With so much cav I feel as though the list dosen't have many clear 'targets'..which I like. Here's my list and a quick AAR:

2 CinC Rg A/B EHC/HC L, B, SH, PA 201
2 Sub Rg A/B SHC/EHC L, Sh P 147
2 Rg B(1A) EHC/HC L, B, SH 97

4 Rg B(1A) LHI/LMI 2HCW, JLS, SH 126

7 Irr C LC JLS, B(3)/B(4) 87
7 Irr C LC JLS, B(3)/B(4) 87
2 Rg B LC B 38
2 Rg B LC B 38
2 Rg B LC B 38

2 Rg C LI JLS, SH 26
2 Rg C LI JLS, SH 26
2 Rg C LI JLS, SH 26
2 Rg C LI JLS, SH 26
4 Rg D LI B 26
4 Rg C LMI B, Sh/B 66
(in the future, I'd think I'll get rid of two of the little LI units..as in two of my games they just ended up becoming un-defendable targets)

AAR:
5-1 to Dave’s Timurids in round 1 that would have probably been a 3-1? If my CinC didn’t catastrophe..but thought I played a good game. Then 5-0 against Bill’s Samurai..was just able to swarm and pick him apart..then a 4-1 loss against Greg’s LOT…again some poor luck as my sub went to wait bounds 1 and 3 so couldn’t really attack anywhere…and Greg being the good player he is got his attacks in the right place. I thought I played three good games though which is what I was looking to do…not to mention have a ton of fun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: always great seeing beautiful figs on the table
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

More lists! AARs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: