Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chariots!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject: later hebrew

Not a bad list - the lack of LTS on chariots is a bit of a challenge - plus that your infantry is susceptible to good cavalry - but a good list that can hive people fits - almost meso like in how you play it I think
Todd Kaeser
Centurion
Centurion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Love the idea that Biblical can be run in open tournaments

My own fascination with NKE is there but faces so many challenges out of period.

I think in an open tournament where people are running non "killer" armies and want to try out "B" armies, Crusaders, some medievals, Chinese armies outside Ming, etc... can find yourself competing - especially with a decent amount of terrain.

it would be a neat idea to have a non "A" tournament - take out 20 or so choices from being used and then giving it a go would see some more interesting armies - maybe even..... wait for it....a Roman army......

Todd

scott holder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:54 pm    Post subject:

I would love nothing more than to run a "Non A List" tournament but have always struggled with the balance between "what armies to allow" and the expectation of their being available figures.

It's one reason why I did a Dogs of War tourney.

Although a pipe dream, another angle I've always thought about would be point weighting over all the lists. "A Lists" play lower toward 1500pts, "D Lists" play way over. For example, when we last did a pike trash theme, I had the Galatians at a whopping 1920 points and it actually seemed like a viable sized army.

Oh yeah, the best "Non A List" tourney format? The Mini.

Just musing at this point.

Yes, I have had Late Hebrews in 25mm since 1990 and have always considered it a decent list even before our tweaks over the years.

scott

lilroblis
Legionary
Legionary

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject: later hebrew

I think all the A and B regulars allow a real chance to control the narrative and pick your spots - I have built a number of lists with it and even bought a ton of chariots in 15mm - which never came out of the bag- as we stopped playing teh scale
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Later Hebrew is certainly interesting for the 4hLCh...and the mostly regularity countering the maneuver problems chariots can have.
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject:

scott holder wrote:
I would love nothing more than to run a "Non A List" tournament but have always struggled with the balance between "what armies to allow" and the expectation of their being available figures.

It's one reason why I did a Dogs of War tourney.

Although a pipe dream, another angle I've always thought about would be point weighting over all the lists. "A Lists" play lower toward 1500pts, "D Lists" play way over. For example, when we last did a pike trash theme, I had the Galatians at a whopping 1920 points and it actually seemed like a viable sized army.

Oh yeah, the best "Non A List" tourney format? The Mini.

Just musing at this point.

Yes, I have had Late Hebrews in 25mm since 1990 and have always considered it a decent list even before our tweaks over the years.

scott

I think at this point we could determine what 'A' lists are...but...this would just spur folks to search out 'B' lists...still, there's merit to it. However, we've got an awful lot of events already planned...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Army Lists All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: