Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Portland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Opponents Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raiderd
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject: Hello from Portland

Hello, my name is Dale. Thirty plus years ago I began playing WRG 7th Edition and ran a few tournaments in Monterey, CA. I'm sure I've played against some of you over the years. Since then, I've played everything from DBM to Meg in 15mm. I've retired to the Portland Metro area and would like to return to 25-28mm tournament play in Warrior. I'm currently rebasing a Mittani army with the goal of playing at Cold Wars. My wife and partner-in-crime is also learning the rules and we're starting with Fast Warrior at one of our local game stores. I'm looking forward to the challenge Warrior brings in a scale that is awesome.
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Hello Dale!

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately our events are entirely East Cost US...I'm in Orange County California, so to attend those...I fly out about twice a year (or at least once).

Thus most of my Warrior gaming is online, via Roll20.

If you're not already on there, let me know, and I'll connect you with Mark Stone who is our GM there.
Raiderd
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Hello and thank you Frank. Yes, I'm interested in Rule 20. I just ordered the rules from Four Horsemen and need to play a few games with Patti first. I want to start playing Warrior again not because it's the most popular but because I love the scale and the arms and tactics that the rules provide. We plan on flying back East once a year for tournaments. I'm especially interested in the Pairs events. We're going to start playing Fast Warrior bi-weekly at the local gaming stare next month, splitting my army to form Mintanni and Middle Assyrian Fast Warrior lists to start. I think the scale might entice curious onlookers at the game store. Maybe there's a hunger for a more historically accurate and complex rule set.
Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Great, Dale!

2v2 (Teams) events are usually held at HMGS Cold Wars in March or early April in Lancaster PA (sometimes moves around).

As for the rules, look here on the forums for our Clarifications (they are back-compatible, that is, the latest version contains all the Clarifications):
http://www.fourhorsemenenterprises.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17541

Also, Scott Holder (our Referee and Tournament Organizer) has updated Fast Warrior to version 3.0. I'm not sure those are here on the forums.

If you send me a direct message with your email address I can forward you what I have there...as well as introduce you to Mark Stone and get Roll20 going for you.

Frank Gilson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Opponents Wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: