Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warrior Basing Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Painting and Modeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
76mm
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:18 am    Post subject: Warrior Basing Questions

Hi, this is my first post here. I'm just getting into Ancients and Medieval miniatures and plan to do 10mm figures on 40mm bases. Because I'm just getting started, I'd like to keep my basing fairly flexible so that I can try different rule sets along the way.

I see that Warrior uses pretty standard basing conventions, but have a couple of questions:

1) All things being equal, I'd prefer to use ADLG basing conventions, just to minimize the number of separate bases. Would this be feasible with Warrior rules? I suppose I could have a few Warrior-style bases for each unit type so that I could use them to the extent necessary. Any tips?

2) I might have overlooked it, but I didn't see any special basing rules for especially deep units such as Macedonian/Successor phalanxes. How deep should their bases be?

That's it for now, thanks in advance for any tips.
RaphaelC
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

You could also ask here; https://philonancients.blogspot.com (his contact email is on his profile page).

As he he has played both Warrior and ADLG he might be able to help answer your questions more fully.

Regards,

Raphael
scott holder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:40 pm    Post subject:

No special basing for formations, thus something like a pike element would be typical Close Order foot basing.

Often people will "double base" pike elements since they rarely operate less than 2 deep.

scott

Frank Gilson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Mostly ADLG and Warrior have the same basing, other than having deeper formations of infantry in ADLG on one base.

You will often find Warrior players basing infantry 2 stands deep (but not 3 or 4).

You want some 1 deeps for your infantry in order to expand out under certain circumstances, but 2 deeps are generally fine in many cases.
76mm
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:56 pm    Post subject:

RaphaelC wrote:
Hi,

You could also ask here; https://philonancients.blogspot.com (his contact email is on his profile page).
l

Thanks, actually I just met Phil yesterday at Cold Barrage, he mentioned that he played Warrior. I'll reach out via e-mail.
76mm
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Thanks everyone for your replies, which I just saw...I need to change my profile settings to get notifications upon responses!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Painting and Modeling All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: