Warrior Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules
A Four Horsemen Enterprises Rules Set

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups AlbumAlbum   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new rules book typos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murray Evans
Recruit
Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the comments Mark - they have encouraged me to post a few more photos in the album pages.

My armies are Sassanid, Berber/Andalusian, Qin chinese and Late P Byzantine. They are painted to play rather than to be collectors items, and get a bit knocked around with transport. You can get some great figures these days though.

Muz
joncleaves

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject:

The transposed Credits page typo is one of the first we caught. The color photo pages are not in the order they were given to the printer. I had a lot of on the job training making this book, and lesson one is trust no one to be able to get it right - especially yourself.....lol

We are very pleased, of course, with the photos themselves and very thankful to our volunteer contributors.

There will be a corrected Credits page in the first set of typo fixes.

Jon

Mark Stone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject:

I'm putting this under "typos" rather than "questions" because I think it really is just an oversight.

The upshot of this discussion a year and a half ago:
http://www.fourhorsemenenterprises.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14590
was that recalling from shooting was better restricted to not nearer to "visible" or "visible within 240p" enemy, rather than any enemy. For reasons why, see the example in that discussion.

And indeed, this change in language does make it into 6.36 "Recall moves", on p. 57. Here we are told that if we look at 11.1, we'll find that a recall from shooting "may not end up closer to any known enemy bodies that are within 240p at any point in the recall move."

Turning to 11.1, however, reveals no such language. 11.1's last bullet on p. 92 merely says "If an eligible body can choose to recall as a shooting reaction but the recall move would place it closer to an enemy body, it takes a waver test instead."

This is a fairly important one to correct, since:
    (a) This situation comes up a lot, and
    (b) we currently have two cross-referenced sections that give conflicting language.

-Mark Stone
joncleaves

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject:

11.1 should say closer to a known enemy body with 240p.

Jon

Mark Stone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject:

There are several small typos in 13. Actually, these look more like type-setting mistakes (formatting mark-up that got left in place). Anyway:

- On p. 109, 13.311, 4 lines up from the bottom of the left-hand column: Change "These .transport" to "These transport".
- On p. 109, 13.313, 4 lines up from the bottom of the right-hand column: Change "They do not .carry. other" to "They do not carry other"
- On p. 110, 13.314, paragraph 1, third line: Change ".mounted. in the transport" to "mounted in the transport"

-Mark Stone
Mark Stone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

OK, I think this is the last batch of typos I'll be coming up with on this pass through the rules.

On p. 124, para 2, the sentence beginning "After several weeks..."
Change "and the has been thoroughly scavenged" to "and the area has been thoroughly scavenged"

More grammar than typo, but on p. 125, para 2, first sentence:
Change "Clearlly there would be" to "Clearly there will be"

On p. 125, the end of section Sc 1.3 "Table Size"
The last sentence here appears to have been cut off. The phrase "from the previous battle of Charonea where Alexander's father" needs an ending. Where Alexander's father what? Doesn't say. Anyway, something is missing here.

On p. 131, fourth line up from bottom of left column:
Change "to reduce the .naptha. damage" to "to reduce the naptha damage"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warrior Ancient and Medieval Rules Forum Index -> Rules All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: